20. Drunk Anirudh!!

Please vote!!! 🌟

Nayantara's pov

I took off the last piece of jewellery and stood up adjusting my dupatta by freely hanging it on my shoulder and waist. I exited the dressing area and came in the bedroom chamber, the moonlight coming from the balcony, and some oil lamps illuminating the whole chamber. It was empty!

It had been already two days since i had not talked with Anirudh, today was the third day. He had said a lot of hurtful things to me that night. Which was not even my fault.
He tried to talk to me for one or two times but I didn't even responded to him. I was hurt.

He was in a misunderstanding and he blamed my father for killing his father. But on top of that he blamed me to marry some other man. What would had i done then? He had already refused to marry me. If i had not agreed to the marriage then my people would had suffered. My family was already suffering. My father was ill, there were many rumours going on around the kingdom.

At that time i just thought about my family, my kingdom and their sufferings, that was why i proposed to marry the king of Indraprastha.

I was so hurt when he said that he wished that me and my father should never had been in their lives. I understand that he was sad that he lost his father and not just lost his father but his father was killed. But how could he forgot all the beautiful moments we spend with each other's family. My father always treated him like his own son but still he blamed my father.

I was a fool that i was ready to make this marriage work and forgot about how he threatened my family to rage a war against my kingdom and forcefully make me marry him.

But after that night all the misunderstanding was cleared, and now i just wanted to find out about the person who was the main cause of all the misunderstanding and also the killer of kakasa.

I sat on the bed and like the last two days he was again going to be late. From the past few days it was his routine to woke up early before me and come late in night. I didn't even get to know when he came and sleep.

I laid down on the bed closing my eyes. It had only been few minutes when i heard the sound of footsteps. I opened my eyes and sat up straight only to look at Anirudh, No drunk Anirudh!

By the way he was walking stumbling on the way, his hair disheveled, his face flushed. Anyone could guess he was drunk.

He was stumbling so much that i feared he would fall anytime. It was the first time in my life that i saw him like this. I got off the bed and moved towards him he was mumbling something which i could not hear.

When i was near him i hold his right arm and put my another hand behind his back to support him. I scrunched my nose when i smelled Alcohol reeking from his mouth. He looked at me intensely, i gulped when he touched my right cheek with his palm and Caressed it with his thumb.

"Tara"

He called, the way my name rolled out of his mouth was music to my ears. He was addressing me with my nickname after a very long time, which only he and my father called me with.

"Tara......Ohhh how much i have missed to call you like this."

He again called me in a very delighted tone, But my face devoid of any emotions, i was upset with him. So i just started walking with him towards the bed. But he had another plan because the next moment he pulled me towards himself causing me to collide against his chest.

He kept his both hands behind my back, caging me in his arms.

"Baat kariye hamse Tara, hame aapse baat krni hai. Dil bhar ke! Bhot arsaa ho gaya hai aapse dil bhari baat karke aur aisi bhot baatein hai jo hame aapse krni hai."