CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The evening was pleasant when Layla and Surayya prepared to go out.

An outing to clear the head. They had called it. Her friend grabbed her keys and they both headed out. 

"Where are we going?." Layla leisurely asked.

"I'm kidnapping you and taking you to a secret place." Surayya said with a straight face and Layla gasped.

"Oh no ma'am please don't do this to me. What do you want? I'd give anything but please let me go I have a chicken that needs to be fed after every second." At that they both burst out laughing till Surayya had tears at the corners of her eyes.

"Allah! A person could get used to laughing this hard." Surayya commented after catching her breath.

"Agreed." Layla chuckled and cleared her throat.

"Look at you!. So now you're very comfortable with me driving huh?." Ray laughed when Layla scrunched up her face.

"Do I have choice?." She playfully groaned.

"Nope you don't." Surayya smiled smugly at that and turned to a graveled parking lot before stopping the car and unbuckling her seatbelt.

"You wanna grab something?."

"We. We're gonna grab something. I'm craving for some junk stuff and you are coming with me." Layla cracked at the straight face her friend pulled again and got out of the car.

"We're out to clear our heads but you're going to get us fat Ray." She warned but her friend grinned adjusting her glasses.

"You should've seen me a year ago then. I was twice this size." She gestured to her body and got into the restaurant. Layla's mind drifted to what her friend said earlier about her lack of attraction. She wondered who beat the hell out of Ray's self esteem and won to make her think she was not beautiful.

Apart from how bright she was and hardworking and generally such an appeal, she was beautiful. She had a pretty caramel skin, a round face that had almond shaped eyes that were surrounded by long and thick lashes with a small slightly upturned nose above an equally adorable mouth. Her friend wasn't just beautiful, she was CUTE. And if anybody was to pull off the adorable adult card it'd be Surayya.

To top that all off she had an enticing figure that Layla hadn't known of until when she saw her come out of the bathroom after she changed into a black long sleeved body con dress that outlined her physique. Layla wasn't used to seeing her wearing anything apart from oversized clothes. Ray was as tall as Layla's average height, but she had a little thicker stature than her making her seem as if she was a little shorter than Layla at first glance. The sash that loosely held the kimono she wore right then did the job of giving a slight impression of her curves, and the way she naturally walked wasn't at all helping out with hiding them.

They stepped into the eatery giggling about nothing in particular, grabbing the attention of some of the customers on themselves. Getting ready to order for a takeout, the door pushed open and she turned towards it in time to see the one person that makes her knees weak and heart racing. Mansoor.

He was looking down at his phone before briefly taking a look in their direction, making her freeze on the spot, her breath ceasing. It felt like it had been a very long time since she saw him last, and it seemed like he had gotten even more handsome from the last time, if anything like that was possible. He wasn't wearing his usual Kaftan. He was dressed casually in a forest green long sleeved button up shirt with black denim pants and white trainers. The sleeves were folded up his arm and a black Ray ban sat on the bridge of his nose. From where he faced she could tell he was looking at them and she quickly turned away, not wanting to have an encounter with him, not that she thought wanting to talk with her had even crossed his mind. He walked further into the restaurant, taking off his shades and walked to one of the tables that gave him a direct view of them.