Ch-10.Mr.Independent

Dhruv's POV~

I just arrived on time to hear what that lady had said about Aradhana, being a woman she was putting another woman down, these were the moments that make me hate our society.

I handed the spray to Raj and went to talk with the lady.

"Aunty, ek baat puch sakta huun?" (Aunty, can I ask you something?) I asked her and she replied in a really annoyed tone saying "Kya?" (What?)

I continued my question asking, "Woh, aunty aapne khana khaa liya na?" (Aunty have you eaten food?)

"Haan, kyun?" (Yes,why?) she asked with a confused look on her face.

"Woh kya hai na aunty, humare yaha kehte hai, ki mehmaano ko khali pet wapas nehi bhejte, par agar aapna khana khaa hee liya hai toh aap ja sakti hai and by the way, don't worry aapke aakhon ko kasht dene wali koi cheez aage sei aapko dekhni nehi paregi kyunki...you're not invited to their wedding."
(Well aunty, here it's not considered good to send back guests on an empty stomach, but if you have eaten already then you are very welcome to leave and by the way, don't worry, from the next time you won't have to see anything that'll hurt your eyes, because...you're not invited to their wedding.)
I said all this with the brightest smile on my face just for the sake of pissing her off, which definitely worked, as she left, blabbering something under her mouth, probably cursing me.

I turned around to see Megha, standing right nearby, giggling. It gave my heart some peace seeing her smile again, even if it was the softest smile anyone could have.

I walked to her and said, "Chalo, iss bahane tum hasi toh sahi, this is the Megha I know, aur mujhe... I mean sabko, yehi wali Megha pasand hai." (Ok, at least you're smiling, this is the Megha I know, and I...I mean everyone likes this Megha only)

She slightly turned her face away to hide her blush but I had already seen her dusty pink cheeks.

Just then Rajvi's father came to me and I thought he'd be mad at me for sending away that lady but instead he said, "Ah, before you say anything, I wanted to say, you did the right thing beta, she deserved it" and then turned to Rajvi and patting me on the back said, "Aaj mere dono beto ne mera sar garv sei ucha kar diya hai." (Today both my sons have made me proud)

Later the same day~

Rajveer's POV~

"Guys, it's been 10 minutes since you brought us here and haven't spoken a word, are you guys gonna say anything or not?" I questioned Dhruv and Megha who had brought me and Aradhana to the balcony saying they had to tell us something important.

Aradhana sternly added, "Megha, Dhruv, speak up, you guys are scaring us."

"One of attackers ran away..." Dhruv said with a stressful and serious tone and added, "Sam called Megha, she said that he ran away while the cops were taking him to the hospital, Sam's trying to trace his location, she told us stay a little careful while he's on the loose."

"Even if he would've been in the jail, we were not safe, cause the person who made them do this is still not identified!" Aradhana said in a frustrated voice.

There was a moment of silence and tension in the air, before it was interrupted by Shweta Aunty calling us.

We tried to act as cool as we could to not scare our parents and left the matter for the moment.

•••••••••••••

As we were leaving, Aradhana walked with me to the gate, she said she wanted to do something to divert Megha and Dhruv's mind from this mess in which they were in because of us.