Ch-8.That Rascal

Author's POV~

Dhruv although was bleeding terribly, fought off the man with his bleeding hand, holding Megha's hand by the other.

As Dhruv stood in front of Megha to protect her, one of the goons was about to pull the trigger with the gun pointed at Dhruv, when suddenly a bike stopped in between the men and Dhruv.

Aradhana's POV~

Rajvi and I hurriedly left the temple after Megha didn't respond to our texts.
I was certain that the bike was at its highest speed as we crossed each road.

••••••••••••

After driving by each possible road they could've crossed, we finally saw Rajveer's car with a few men surrounding it, as we neared the car we witnessed a scene we were hoping not to see, Dhruv's hand was bleeding due to a gunshot and a guy had his gun pointed at Dhruv with his finger on the trigger, as he stood in front of Megha, holding her hand as tight as he could.

We had to think quickly, I told Rajvi to stop the bike, and got down, picked up a rock from nearby and threw it at the guy's hand making his gun fall out of his hand as Rajvi stopped in between the guy and Dhruv and Megha.

I hurriedly went to Dhruv and Megha as Rajvi got off the bike and two men came charging at him, he handled them as Megha and I got Dhruv inside the car although he insisted he was alright and needed to help Rajvi.

I handed Megha the first aid box from under the front passenger seat and while she did a dressing on Dhruv's wound.

I turned around to see the goons sit in their car in an attempt to escape.

Rajveer's POV~

As the attackers were almost out of sight in their car, there was one last gunshot, I looked at Aradhana who had a gun in her hand with which she shot at the car's back wheel making the car crash into a nearby tree.

Just when I thought she couldn't impress me more, she just did, each day I get to know more and more about her which increases my fascination for her, always knew she was brave but this was something new.

"The cops are on their way, but we need to leave for the hospital right now, he's losing a lot of blood." Megha said frantically.

Aaru and I took one look at each other and got inside the car.

I drove the car as fast as I could, as Dhruv was losing a lot of blood really fast.

Megha was continuously telling Dhruv to not close his eyes even scolding him for closing his eyes once. The dressing Megha did was not enough to stop the bleeding so she tied her dupatta around Dhruv's bleeding hand as tight as she could to stop the bleeding.

Aradhana's POV~

Rajvi drove the car as fast as he could to the hospital, I had already informed my mom about the incident and she was already waiting for us at the entrance with a wheelchair.

Rajvi tried to make Dhruv sit in the wheelchair but he insisted that he wanted to and could walk.

Although we agreed to let him walk, Rajvi was still holding him.

My mom said that a small operation had to be done to remove the bullet inside his hands, Megha also joined the operation team while Rajvi and I waited outside.

••••••••••

After an hour and a half, Dhruv was shifted to a cabin.

Megha gave a prescription of medicines and Rajveer had gone to get them while Megha was telling me everything about the incident when a girl in her mid 20's, dressed in formal black clothes walked in.