Chapter seven

Jacks POV

It was now 11 pm and I was still wide awake.... Ive been cursing myself for not setting an alarm. I have early training tomorrow and I have to get to sleep. I heard my stomach growl again. The plain pasta did not satisfy my hunger, but I can't cook anything else. I first wanted to order food but somehow every restaurant was closed...

I got up and started walking to the kitchen when Luke got up from the couch. "Hey man I'm going to bed if you don't mind" he said with a tired voice. I nodded and opened one of the kitchen cupboards. We had tortillas, beef, lettuce and tomatoes. I could make burritos I guess...

I was struggling with cooking the beef. How can't I cook beef! It just wasn't turning brown. After 5 minutes I decided I could better call someone for help, so I called Trevor. Trevor picked up right away

"Hey Jack whats wrong?" He asked

"Nothing really I"m just struggling with my dinner"

Trevor started laughing loudly. "Dude- how- why- you really can't cook can you?"

I sighed and told him to come over so he could help me. It took him about 10 minutes to arrive and when I openend to door he immediately started laughing again. "You look like shit dude". I shaked my head and started walking to the kitchen. Trevor is a good cook, which was why I let him do the rest of the work while I was scrolling on my phone.

"Hey dude that girl at the restaurant" Trevor began.

"Huh?"

"That girl that was looking torwards us the whole time... The brunette"

"Yeah what about her?"

"Do you know her?"

"Ive seen her around, why?"

"She was cute... maybe we could invite her over so I can get to know her a bit" Trevor said with a cheeky smile

I felt a weird feeling in my stomach which I couldn't quiet place. Ive been Trevors wingman for years I can do it now. This feeling is probably just me being hungover. "Uh yeah I could give her a call" I shrugged.

It took me a few seconds before I found the courage to press on the call button. She picked up right away which made me speechless.

"Hello?"

I didn't answer

"Jack? Why are you calling me?"

Trevor grabbed my phone out of my hand and put it on speaker.

"Hello it's Trevor here" he said.

"Oh hi... is Jack okay?"

"Yes he is fine just hungover" he laughed "So I saw you at the restaurant and I thought you were cute so I wondered.... Maybe you want to come over and get to know me"

Damn he is straight forward. It was quiet on the other side of the phone. My heart started racing... what if she does come over?! I look like shit. I can't let her see me like this, she will laugh at me.

"I'm not in Jersey city right now, sorry" she finally spoke.

Trevor looked surprised. "Oh" was all he said. "Well uhm maybe next time then?" He asked while scratching his neck.