08.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Unexpected
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

I exhaled a sigh of relief the moment Jude passed without a word. It was a small mercy, but one I appreciated nonetheless. As I checked off the tasks I had completed so far, from the corner of my eye, I noticed Rodrygo glancing at me, followed by Jude turning to do the same. It was clear they were talking about me, perhaps even plotting ways to make me miserable today. But Jude had another thing coming if he thought he could intimidate me.

Well, he doesn't. I quickly reminded myself that I needed this job, so whatever challenges they threw my way, I would simply have to endure it.

Today was much lighter than yesterday and felt smoother too. As I sat from the sideline as the players went through their drills, I found myself only watching Jude. It made no sense he was repulsive but in the same breath, he was so nice to look at.

He must've felt me staring as he looked up and his eyes landed on me. I quickly turned my head away, a little embarrassed that I had been caught.

"Are you still mad at Jude?" Chad asked as he now joined me.

"Why'd you ask?" I replied. Was it that obvious?

"You can cut the tension with a knife each time you guys are nearby, plus I see the death glares," He said, as he sat beside me.

"Not sure what you mean, I hardly even notice him. It's all good on my side" I shrugged.

"Good, also just a heads up, we don't normally have a lot of women team assistant. When we do, just stay clear of them, if you don't want to be a locker room conversation or just a conversation between them in general" He said as he gazed ahead.

"That has happened before?" I asked almost immediately.

"Yeah, she ended up quitting because of it. I won't name names but the guy came and laughed about it with a few other guys who also found it funny. They called her easy. She walked in and heard them." He said looking a bit sad because of the fact.

"Was it Jude?" I had no idea why that left my mouth.

"He came to her defense, saying they were weird for their actions, he sure quieted them because they never spoke about it again. But the other IG girls, oh they'll mention that for sure" he admitted.

I looked ahead to see him, and a little smile came to my face at least he stood for something, went from a big bitch to a little bitch, in my books for that.

"Their break is coming up" That was the cue for we needed to get fresh towels and the refreshments ready.

I got the towels since the container that held the refreshments available was already on site. Within five minutes, some of them lay flat on the ground for the ones I remembered from the top of my head I carried the towel and their preferred refreshment.

"Brielle" I heard behind me as I took more towels. I turned around to see Jude standing there, sweaty, and had a green thing on his face not sure if it was the grass, even in this state he still managed to look majestic.

"Jude," I responded, waiting for his request.

"May I have a Gatorade, the blue one?" he asked.