16.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Again & Again.
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

These past few weeks have felt a bit off. Trent has been acting distant ever since he saw the comments Jude left under my photos. Our conversations have been short and tense, leaving me feeling confused and frustrated. I've tried my best to avoid Jude whenever I can, especially when I'm at work, and it seems like he's finally gotten the message and stopped trying to interact with me altogether.

On a brighter note, I received my first paycheck ever, and seeing the amount made me feel like I was on top of the world. Okay, maybe not quite like Kylie Jenner, but it was definitely a rewarding feeling. With just three more paychecks like this, I'll have enough to afford my own place for next semester. It's a small step towards independence, but it's a step I'm proud to take.

"What do you think about this one?" Serena asked as she held up another option for her date tonight. It was Saturday and I had nothing else doing so here I was.

"I liked the first one better," I finally offered after a moment of contemplation.

"Okay, this one it is," she agreed, setting aside the first dress. "Still no word from Trent?"

"It's just so awkward. I never imagined such a sudden switch-up, especially over a stupid comment. He says if Jude wants me, he'll stay out of his way. That doesn't sound like someone who  seriously liked me," I vented, feeling the frustration building up inside me.

"Sounds insecure. Obviously, if you wanted Jude, he'd be all over you. But you don't, hence you're talking to him," Serena remarked, offering her perspective on the situation.

I nodded, but deep down, I couldn't shake off the confusion and disappointment I felt about Trent's sudden change in behaviour. It seemed like just a short while ago, everything between us was easy and effortless. Now, it felt like we were walking on eggshells around each other, and I didn't know how to fix it. It's been three days since we've exchanged words, he wasnt at the last class we had together.

"Maybe he just needs some time to process everything," Serena suggested, her voice laced with empathy.

"Or maybe he's just not as invested or interested as I thought," I replied, feeling a bit of disappointment weighing down on my chest.

Serena paused, contemplating my words for a moment. "Well, whatever the case may be, you deserve someone who's sure about you. Someone who doesn't let a little insecurity get in the way of what could be great."

I sighed, knowing deep down that Serena was right. But it was still hard to accept that things might not work out with Trent the way I had hoped.

"I just don't know what to do," I admitted, feeling the weight of uncertainty pressing down on me.

"Well if you really want him. Maybe it's time to confront him and have a real conversation," Serena suggested gently. "Clear the air and see where you both stand."

I nodded, the idea of confronting Trent about our situation seemed both daunting and necessary. "Yeah, maybe you're right."

Serena smiled encouragingly. "And who knows? Maybe once you talk things out, you'll both realize either it's worth fighting for or it's something you need to walk away from"