33.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Strike 2
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

As Serena and I sat across from each other in our favorite café, the scent of freshly brewed coffee mingled with the faint aroma of pastries, creating a cozy atmosphere. With our textbooks and notes spread out before us, we dove into the topic that had been consuming our thoughts: finals.

"Ugh, I don't know how I'm going to survive this Contracts exam," Serena groaned, frustration evident in her voice. "I swear, Professor Aguera's class is like trying to decipher hieroglyphics."

I nodded sympathetically, understanding her struggle. "I always hear how brutal Contracts Law can be, especially with all those complex case studies and statutes to memorize."

"It's like she expects us to be legal scholars overnight," she lamented, running a hand through her hair in exasperation. "I've been pulling all-nighters just to keep up, but I still feel like I'm drowning."

I reached out to place a comforting hand on Serena's arm. "Hey, I know it's tough, but you're not alone in this. We're all feeling the pressure right now."

She let out a heavy sigh, her shoulders slumping with exhaustion. "Thanks. It's just hard not to feel overwhelmed sometimes, you know?"

"I totally get it," I reassured her, offering a supportive smile. "But remember, you're smart, capable, and more than capable of acing this exam."

"Thanks, Bri, that means a lot," she said, gratitude shining in her eyes.

As we sipped our coffee and jumped back into our study materials, I wasn't saying much but this has been the most pressure I've ever felt in my entire life as a student. I was way behind on my readings, and I missed a few classes for work, however I am on a scholarship so I'll pull a miracle out my ass if I had to.

Serena's words still played on my mind, my gaze landed on her and I couldn't help but chuckle at the recollection of the law student I once dated briefly in my first year. I remember how we shared a laugh over it before, both agreeing he wasn't exactly our cup of tea.

"Hey, remember that law student I dated in our first year?" I asked, a wry smile playing on my lips.

Serena looked up from her notes, "Oh, yeah, the one with the obnoxious attitude. I hated that guy"

I nodded, unable to suppress a laugh. "That's the one. But you know what? Despite his less-than-stellar personality, he did give me some surprisingly good advice on surviving Contracts Law."

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Really? I'm intrigued. What did Mr. Pretentious have to say?"

"Well," I began, recalling his unexpected words of wisdom, "he talked about breaking down complex concepts into simpler terms and creating visual aids like flowcharts to understand the elements of each contract better."

She nodded thoughtfully. "Hmm, not bad advice, I have to admit. Though I still wouldn't date him even if he was the last law student on campus. What a loser."

We shared a laugh at that, the tension from our impending finals momentarily forgotten as we reminisced about past encounters and shared inside jokes.

"Speaking on past men you've dated, don't look but one is right behind you" she said still writing, as her words registered in my mind, I immediately turned to look to see who she was referring to.