35.

𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦
Him, again
•••

"You lied and told her they were old screenshots?" Mom yelled at me, "I had no idea I raised a lying whore"

"Mom I panicked, I didn't know what to say, it was easier to say that. I don't know what I was thinking" I sighed. "It's not like, I slept with anyone, I still had the app on my phone, I didn't use it in months, I was bored and I saw a message so I replied"

"Jude Victor William Bellingham, you weren't thinking and that's the problem! How could you do something like that? If you're bored you take a nap, go kick a ball, not entertain other women!"

The weight of my mother's disappointment filled the room and I felt worse by the second. "Jude, I am so disappointed in you," she said. "I can't believe what I am hearing. I didn't raise you to be like this."

I winced at her words, "Mom, please," I pleaded, desperate for her guidance. "Just answer the question. Has enough time passed for me to try and have a conversation with her on the way forward?"

She sighed, her expression pained. "Jude, she gave you back the keys to the apartment and moved back into her old dorm," she said, her voice heavy with sorrow. "And based on what you're telling me about her situation there, for her to go back, it sounds as if she's done with you."

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks, the realization sinking in like a dagger to the heart. "But Mom," I protested, the desperation evident in my voice. "I can't lose her. She means everything to me. She said she needed time, I gave her that. I love her."

She shook her head, her eyes filled with sympathy. "I know," she said, her voice softening. "But sometimes, love isn't enough. Sometimes, we have to accept that we've hurt someone too deeply to ever repair the damage."

Tears welled up in my eyes as her words sank in, the truth of her words cutting through me like a knife. "It has to be enough," I whispered.

"Have you ever heard me tell you I loved any girl I've mentioned to you?" I asked her

She paused, her brow furrowing as she considered my question. "You haven't," she admitted, her eyes widening in realization. "Jobe has. Well, he does every other month to be fair. Oh my gosh, Jude, this is serious."

I nodded vigorously. "Exactly, Mom, please help me," I pleaded, desperation creeping into my voice. "I can't lose her. Tell me what to do"

"Jude, my dear, I understand that you're eager to make things right with Brielle," she began, her words measured and thoughtful. "It has been going onto to three weeks now, maybe enough time has passed for her to process her feelings and thoughts."

I nodded, hanging onto her every word. "So, what can I do?" I asked.

She smiled warmly, "First and foremost, apologize sincerely and wholeheartedly again," she advised, her voice gentle yet firm. "Acknowledge the pain you've caused her and express genuine remorse for your actions."

I listened intently, committing her words to memory. "And then what?" I asked.

"Show her through your actions that you're committed to making amends," my mother suggested, her voice filled with wisdom. "Think of thoughtful gestures or acts of kindness that will resonate with her – whether it's writing her a heartfelt letter, planning a special date, do something that will show her you are serious and committed."