Feelings and Findings

When Gilly got home, Han and Hamish were still up. "Where is everyone?" "Sleeping." "Which is exactly what you two should be doing." She took off her heels and jewelry whilst the boys played on the floor. "But we don't feel tired." They both fake fainted onto the floor and Gilly laughed.

"Come into the kitchen and I'll get you cookies and milk." The twins jumped up and ran over to the kitchen. Gilly's parents never did this stuff for her when she was younger, often fending for herself, but as her siblings got older, Gilly knew she had to step up and help.

She gave them a glass of milk and 4 cookies each. After they finished, they ran upstairs to their room. "Goodnight Gillybean." "Goodnight." When the boys left, Gilly put her head in her hands as she leaned over the counter. Here she was in a sparkly dress, doing a favor for her friend, and then coming home to take care of her siblings. All while still having to discuss the necklace mystery with her mom.

It was like she was the 12 year old Hero of Enchantasia all over again. She never got to be a kid after having grown up with 5 siblings who needed extra care. Gilly was selfish at times but it was almost always for her family's sake. But no matter how hard she worked, it always felt like she would never be enough for them.

She dragged herself upstairs, showered, and changed into her pajamas. As she laid down, she knew that there was so much she wanted to say, or maybe even scream. Gilly had been blamed and scorned for all of her past mistakes but it wasn't fair. She had been given a bad hand at life and made the most of it.

________________________________

When Gilly woke up the next morning, she headed downstairs and found her mother making breakfast. "Good morning, Darling." "Morning, mom." Gilly tapped her fingers on the counter, pondering if she should even ask. "What's wrong? You're doing another nervous habit again." Gilly took a deep breath to steady her thoughts. "Where did you get your necklace from?" Eva hesitated for a second before replying curtly. "My sister gave it to me before she left Enchantasia."

"Who was your sister?" Eva turned off the stove and sat down across from Gilly. "My sister was named Rose." "Rose Red?" Eva sucked in a breath at the mention of the name but closed her eyes for a moment. "I suppose your father wasn't the only one hiding secrets. It's true, my sister was Rose Red."

"Was? What happened to her?" "Truth be told, Gilly, I haven't any idea, no one has heard from her since Snow was poisoned." Gilly grabbed her mom's hand. "Is there anything about her that you do know?" Eva looked up at Gilly with sad eyes. "I know that she wanted to meet you."

"What do you mean?" "My sister had dreams of one of her children being born as a sacrifice so to speak. Born to be treated like a villain but die young as a hero. She never had kids in fear of the prophecy but soon after you were born, you appeared repeatedly in her dreams." Gilly took a moment to process. Was she supposed to fulfill this prophecy?

"Rose left not too long before Snow was poisoned. She gave me the necklace in the hopes that it'll help you find your way to her." Eva took off her necklace and handed it to Gilly. "I may not be close to my sister, but I do know that you being here now is a miracle itself and a divergent from the prophecy."

Gilly sat staring at the necklace. It was like it knew that Gilly needed help and maybe Rose was the only person that could help her. "I don't know how to find her, Gilly, but I'm sure you'll figure it out." "Do you want me to go find her?" Eva gave a small smile. "That is up to you, every choice you have made has always been up to you."

Eva continued cooking and Gilly went upstairs. The rose was shaped almost like a key, she knew this would come in handy. Before she could ask anymore questions, she knew she had to inform the crew. She wrote in their scroll group chat letting them know what's going on and if they might have any information.