Chapter 29

[ Reading keys ]

_____________________________________

Character's name : " Talking is like this "

Character's name : * Actions during talking are like this *

Character's name : {Inner talking, inner voices & thoughts are like this}

( Author talking )

Things I want you to focus on are underlined

_____________________________________

When the delinquents gang showed up unexpectedly, the entire canteen became quiet. Every single student remained silent while staring at what was going to unfold between them and Atreus. Even Rias and the other two girls stepped away cause they can't intervene while others are looking.

Atreus : " * Stay quiet while avoiding them * "

Gang's leader : " ...... I guess I've just asked you a question..... Are you the one who harmed my boys ? " 

Atreus could easily beat the crap out of them single-handedly. However, starting with violence while everyone else is watching is not on his side, nor it's his way anyway. He must wait for the appropriate moment to use strength. 

Atreus : " .... If you mean by your boys the morrons who tried to harm a friend of mine..... * Look at him * You haven't mistaken me. "

The young leader gazed at him for a moment before nodding slightly, as if he wasn't upset with him for what he did if that was the reason.

Gang's leader : " * Talks to one of his boy * Bring me a chair. "

Delinquent : " * Dragging one to him * "

The gang leader placed the chair right in front of Atreus before sitting down to face him up close.

Gang's leader : " Look, you did what you had to, and I respect that. I would have done the same if I were you anyway. However, you have stained my reputation with your action against my boys, and I believe you know how valuable a person's reputation is. If I allow my followers to be attacked without retribution, it will be seen as weakness...... And I will NOT allow that. "

After the last sentence, the other delinquents circled the table before cracking their knuckles.

Gang's leader : " Don't take it too personally, friend. But you have brought it on yourself..... Remove him. " 

By his order, the others raced toward Atreus to bring him down. The delinquent standing behind him was the first to try his luck. He attempted to hit Atreus from behind, but Atreus sensed the impending strike and evaded it by flipping around him before grapping him by the back of his head then knocking him unconscious by smacking him at the table. Following that, another two delinquents from the front attempted to take advantage of the situation by assaulting simultaneously. However, dealing with them was easier than the prior time since Atreus could observe their movements.

Atreus : { * Dodging their fists * Are they serious ? }

After a brief demonstration of evading abilities, Atreus grabbed each one by the hand and pushed them to collide violently, knocking them unconscious as well.

Delinquent [ Mad ] : " You bastard!!!! "

Upon seeing his fellow friends fall, one of the last three delinquents charged at Atreus with an iron pole he brought with him as a melee weapon. Before he reached him, Atreus quickly grabbed a full hand of the food brought to him by Sona and shoved it into the delinquent's mouth, unpurposely intoxicating him.