Chapter 31

[ Reading keys ]

_____________________________________

Character's name : " Talking is like this "

Character's name : * Actions during talking are like this *

Character's name : {Inner talking, inner voices & thoughts are like this}

( Author talking )

Things I want you to focus on are underlined

_____________________________________

[ Time skip a bit later ]

Following the showcase of skills at the ORC, Atreus and Rias made their way back to the car to go home.

Atreus : " Hey, Rias. May I ask for a favor ? "

Rias : " Yes ? "

Atreus : " Could you teach me a bit on how to ride this...... Thing ? "

Impressed by the distinctive appearance and complexity of such a piece of technology, Atreus began to consider learning how to drive an automobile in case he ever required it.

( A/n : " Since wolves are no longer an option here, he has to learn the modern way of transportation. " )

Mimir : " That's actually a very good idea, brother! "

Rias : " * Giggles * Hehe, with all pleasure. First of all, you should now that this thing is called a car. "

Atreus : " A car ? "

Rias : " It's a four-wheeled road vehicle that is powered by something called an engine stored inside it, and is able to carry a number of people based on its type and purpose. "

Atreus : " Get that!.... What about you, Mimir ? "

Mimir : " Kinde. "

( A/n : " Atreus just made sure that Mimir got the point just in case he can't hide the lie anymore. " )

Rias : " Now sit in the driver's seat, and I'll demonstrate a bit further. "

Then, following her gaudiness, he sat in the driver's seat, while she took the seat next to him. Before moving on to the practice stage, she spent some time explaining some of the car's controlling parts.

Rias : " Now, to turn on the car's engine, you must flip the key around. "

Atreus : " * Doing so * Like this ? "

Atreus did what she said and the engine turned on.

Atreus : " .... I didn't anger it, right ? "

Mimir : " Atreus, a car is not a living thing in the first place. It has no emotions at all.  "

Rias : " Mimir is correct. A automobile is a tool, just one among hundreds of technical creations by humanity. "

Atreus : " Interesting. "

Mimir : " Humans may be a weak creation compared to many others. However, in terms of intelligence and intensity of will, they are superior. Too bad they're blinded with greed and lust, otherwise they would have ruled everything if they united. Even the gods themselves might not have a chance against them. "

( God : " * Creates humans * " )

( Humans : " * Create more gods * " )

( God :