《The ice that sparkles》

CHAPTER FOUR:
<The ice that sparkles>

I enter our little school, the voices of my classmates reaching my ears.

The "Take Notice" board is stupid. I understand her concept of helping others show their intentions, but I don't understand why you would want everyone to know who you are attracted to.

I go to my table, putting my basket on it, taking out my literature book, opening it to the reading we will study.

As soon as I sit down, I see Gilbert approaching me, leaning on the table.

"Good morning, Eve." He grins and takes one of my pens, playing with it between his fingers. "What's going on outside? I heard the girls laughing."

"you don't want to know. Apparently, Josie Pye has reactivated some numic "take notice" board."

"what is that?" He frowned in confusion, which I noticed he does quite often. Wasn't he the best student in the class..? What is he so confused about.

"It's a board that you put a note on, showing who you're attracted to, or writing about an interaction between two people that you've noticed. Or something like that. Josie Pye said it's to show us the intentions of maritis , so that we don't remain old girls. I'd rather be an old girl than write an anonymous note about how my heart beats when I see a boy."

My last comment makes him laugh.

"oh come on, it can't be that bad."

"I guess, but I don't like it."

"yes, you made that very clear."

We sit in silence for a while, before my voice pierces her.

"So...do you remember how before you left for the sea you promised me that you would teach me to ice skate?" I ask, fidgeting with my fingers. I know this was two years ago and he probably forgot, but I want to learn to skate on ice. It looks so funny.

"yes i remember. why?"

"I want you to keep your promise and teach me." I look at him with wide eyes, trying to convince him with a puppy face. I heard that it usually works. It's worth a try, even if I probably look more stupid than ever. Which is confirmed to me when Gilbert laughs.

"Do you want me to teach you to skate?"

"yes, Glbert, do you want me to draw for you?" I answer irritated, and he crosses his hands in front of his chest.

"I don't know... you're kind of mean right now and you didn't even say 'please'." He grins and I sigh. I hate him. "maybe if you apologize and beg me nicely I will teach you."

I roll my eyes.

"I deeply regret that I wounded your heart with a simple comment, and I hope with all my heart that you will forgive me. Please, will you help me learn the art of ice flying?" I say sarcastically, putting my hand over his, looking at him with a look full of fake regrets, trying not to laugh when he does.

"Hmm, let's just say that's enough. Come to my place after school, Mary said your mother is coming to visit and that way I can assure her that I won't kill her daughter. I have some older skates that you might like fit." She explains and I smile, happy that she agrees.

"Thank you, Blythe."

He winks at me before withdrawing into a conversation with Anne. I hear Anne explaining about the panel and I look at Ruby as she looks at them full of hope. Oh boy.

<3

The log I'm sitting on is cold as ice, and I look confused at the skates that I must have put on wrongly.