16 | Kento | Acknowledgement

Kento never considered himself to be a fool.

Then why did he feel like one as he stood by the doorway? His eyes stayed glued to the girl walking off. His heart raced, but he dared not show it; still, he feared everyone in the apartment would be able to feel his pulse just from how hard it hammered in his chest. Not even during one of his old missions would he get this reaction.

As Y/N finally rounded the corner and entered the elevator, he was no longer able to keep her in her sights. He could still imagine her. Those H/C strands of hair that refused to stay put, E/C eyes that displayed humanlike personality and intelligence unlike those of the ordinary masses, and not to mention all the other traits that go along with her. He could picture her so clearly, even with her out of frame, and for some reason, that struck a chord in him. 

It felt almost surreal, to be attached to someone this fast, let alone to this extent. Not to mention the fact that they barely know each other.

Sure, he's seen her for a very long period of time, may have secretly watched her while glancing over the menu, but it was now that it was coming together. Before her first act of kindness towards him, as well.

He let forth a sigh, closing the door and going over to his spacious living room, slumping into the couch. With his head tilted back, he slipped his tie off, his eyes closed.

No matter how tempting, Kento didn't let his thoughts get ahead of himself. He was still a part of the sorcerer's world, no matter how hard he tried to distance himself. Gojo's call was a sign of that. Now, as much as he'd want Y/N to stay safe, he damn well knew he was capable of that. But it still gnawed away at the frays of his mind. 

What if he was wrong? 

He was wrong before. 

Kenshi, the bakery owner's, words came back to him, ringing with the old man's regret and sorrow. 

No matter what Kento decided to do, it'd be a double edged sword. But he decided not to think about that for now.

For now, he had his dinner to eat. 

And as Kento opened his delivery order, he swore as he took a bite, that it was sweeter this time round.