ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ𝟺: ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs?

" While I do agree with you Raajkumar. I simply cannot allow you to do so. " Alata said, frowning as he refused to let her put the red and orange marigolds.

" But Devi. Mata and Pitashree have always loved the blue flowers... So shouldn't we -"

" And is it your parent's marriage Raajkumar? They had their choice when they got married

" And is it your parent's marriage Raajkumar? They had their choice when they got married. My friend wants a different style. Why are you so insistent on going against her wishes on HER wedding? "

" That is the biggest problem isn't it. She considers you her friend. " Moksh blabbed out, uncaring of the impact of his words.

He may realise them a bit late, but Alata finally got what he had been trying to say ever since she came into her friend - sorry, her Yuvrani's service a year ago. That's all she was, an attendant. She couldn't be a friend. She couldn't be someone equal, because that is all she could ever be.

" Kshama Yuvraj. You may do as you wish. Your wish is my command. " She whispered, walking away, the tears at bay. No one had ever made her feel so humiliated before and that was not the first time someone had tried.

" Devi -I please forgive me. Devi! Alatakshi! " Moksh tried but she had left.

Well, he just had to do it... He couldn't have been more sensible.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

While he sat in the sabha, dejected beyond words at his cruel tongue, trying to follow his father's instructions, he heard the voice he dreaded the most.

" Moksh! What did you say to Alatakshi! " She yelled, walking in followed by the lady in question. She looked anywhere but at him and her eyes we're red, as if she had been crying.

" Putri? Why so much anger? Calm down. " Adam tried, hoping to dissuade her anger.

" No pitashree. He must realise the consequences of his actions and words. Mata and I were the ones who asked to put up the red and orange marigolds for my decorations because I said so. Who are you to order my attendant? Her primary correspondent is me followed by my parents. Who gave you the authority to question our friendship bhrata? " Aahana said, eyes furious.

" I -I didn't mean to -"

" You didn't mean to? You don't mean to do anything Moksh. You just do it. Not even realising what you are saying. Have you never listened to a word mata and pitashree say? Think! Think! Think before you speak. Ankush lagao apni jivah par (control your tongue.) "

" Putr is this true? I did not expect this from you. Apologize to Devi Alatakshi immediately. " Adam said sternly.

" Ji Pitashree. Devi please forgive me-"

" It doesn't end at forgiveness putr. Now, you must make friendship with her too. " Karunika said, walking in, a hand on his shoulder.

" Ji mata. Devi Alatakshi, please forgive me if I ever hurt you, directly or indirectly. I should never have undermined or questioned your friendship with my sister. You are her closest companion. Only because of you have I been able to learn about the pains she is not comfortable in sharing with me and only then have I been able to find a solution to it. I take back all my words. Please forgive me. Will you be my sakhi? " Moksh said, seriously. He was genuinely apologetic and that is what Alatakshi saw in his eyes too.