ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟷 : ᴄᴏʀᴏɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ғɪɢʜᴛs

"ABHIMANYU! " She shouted, panic laced in her voice as she saw the scene before her.

Her brother, dear brother Abhimanyu had fought off all the atackers, standing in the middle of the ground, arrows piercing his front.

What caught Aahana's attention was the small bundle on his back.

Uttara ran in, shocked to see her husband.

"Arya! " She shouted, running in, when she felt her life flash before her eyes.

"P-parikshit! " She bawled, running to him as she took in their state.

Unwrapping the bundle, she pulled out her two year old child, holding him close as her husband smiled, a pained smiled, as he lifted a shaky hand to hold her cheeks

"Don't c-cry. See he's fin-" He began, falling, at last onto his knees. The adrenaline to protect his son gave him the energy, while his security gave him the peace to feel pain at last .

Nakul, Sahdev ran in, hawling him up the shoulder as they ran him to their rooms, while Uttara and Pariskshit sat in the middle of the ground, unconsolable.

" Bhabhishree! Shant ho jaiye. Please calm down. See both of them are fine. Please calm down. He will be fine. Mamashree have gone to treat him. Please. Jiji! " She tried, tapping her cheeks and holding her as she cried.

"Mamashree Yudhishthir! Where is mamashree Arjun? Is this the state of security in Hastinapur! " Aahana shouted, as her mamishrees finally helped Uttara away.

" Putri I don't know how this has happened. We never thought -"

"Bhratashree. What is the problem? " Arjun came in, looking at their tensed faces.

"Where were you mamashree! " Aahana asked.

" I was in the armory. Putr Abhimanyu told me that he would like to spar with me with spears today, so that is what I had gone for. " He looked confused, even worried.

"Mamashree. For once you should have been here. But it's alright. You son fought them all off. " She said, mind relaxing now. Her brother would be fine. Other than the security of Hastinapur, truly no one was at a fault.

" Avanti Kumari Langatan. He had come to Matsya, he poisoned Maharaj Virat, who has died due to that. When we found out, he was caught by a group of trusted farmers, who then dragged him back to the sabha. He claimed, that Swargiy Maharaj Virat had promised Uttara jiji's hand to him and when she got married to Bhratashree Abhimanyu, he planned his revenge. He would have killed bhratashree too, had he not fought valiantly as of now. Why him? He had a small child with him. His own son could have been hurt. Why him? " She asked, anger seeping with the pain as everyone who listened to the story stood stock still. They were unable to acknowledge and process the entirety of the situation.

"It was him because of your mata my dear. " Said the voice, as he rode in, his chariot stopping at the entryway.

" What about Jyeshtha Madhav? " Arjun asked, as Keshav got down the chariot.

Remember the day when Jyeshtha became your son? She asked me for a boon, didn't she?

If I do not do this, do you think Abhimanyu would have had the chance to present the epitome of courage, bravery and strength to the world? "

" Yes. His name would be remembered till the end of time. "

" Then I need a boon from you O! Devkinandan! I will save his life if you grant him another chance to display his valour. He cannot lose that. "

"This is because of her boon that she asked me for putri. This was his chance for that valour. No one can say, that your brother did not fight valiantly. Not one arrow could graze his son, nothing came close to harming him, even at the cost of his own life. He was strong and valimat against a hundred soldiers and an expert poison master. What better legacy to live upto? " Keshav said, as the others processed the new information.

"All that is alright Madhav. Putri. Did you say Maharaj Virat has passed away? "

" Ji mamashree. Last night. " Aahana said, watching the sun rising for a new day.

"Which means you are now the Maharani of Matsya, as putr Uttar is the Maharaj. " Yudhishthir said, finally connecting all the dots in the situation.

"I think that is the least of our concerns mamaashree. We must first see if bhrata Abhimanyu is fine. " She said, as she made her way up the staircase.

She was stopped by Arjun, who embraced her in a tight hug.

" Mamashree? What -"

"Don't say a word. You may have reached late, but the point remains that you came all the way from Matsya to Hastinapur to save my son. I can never forget this. That day, your mother saved my son's life and today you. I can-t " He said, holding my hands as he wept.

Narottam Arjun, Gandivdhari Arjun and Pitashree Arjun were all different forms of him and today, Pitashree broke down. He felt dread in his stomach. For after all, even if it was Karunika who had been wounded that day, the first image that was imprinted in everyone's minds was Abhimanyu.

As she consoled her mamashree, she realised the extent of everything that had happen.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

That morning, she lay on the bed, waiting for her husband to send back his reply to her letter.

One night, one night it took to completely upturn their world. Their marriage was only a day old and it was now going to be tested against the strain of the throne, a new king and queen but the same kingdom.

Maharani Sudeshna. She would be so distraught and scared.  Her husband died, leaving her alone, in this time of the life.

How would such a life suit her?

"Maharani Aahana? May I enter? " Uttara asked, walking in with her son and husband.

"Jiji! Yes, please come in. You don't need permission. " She said, sitting up.

" Not today Aahana. Today onwards, I will never doubt you. "

"Never? " She asked laughing.

"Maybe not never. " He said, sitting by her, with a hand on her head.

"You saved me today Aahana. "

"But that is what I couldn't do. I came late -"

"Shut up. You came all the way from there, riding for hours in the night. You have blisters on your feet. Have you even seen? " He said, lifting her feet into his lap.

" Bhratashree. For you, I can even take a brhamastr on myself. Blisters on the feet mean nothing. " She said, hugging her brother.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Well, he's safe...
Be honest. How many of you forgot about the boon?

Anyways, please vote on the chapters if  you can, Karunika and this book are sequels. Please give it the same love and comment you opinions.

Much love

Radhekrishn ❤