ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟿 : ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀs

As she entered the raajmahal of Matsya, Aahana felt like she was reliving her memories of before the war.

Going on walks with the Yuvraj, playing with her brother. Her memories had been refreshed.

Looking at the brown garden bench, she recalled how her Arya would sneak down her favourite dish from the kitchens, just so they could eat. The verandah reminded her of the endless nights she had spent on the balcony, looking at the stars, hoping that they would write her fate.

" Yuvrani. Pranipat. I am Mrignayani. I am your attendant from today onwards. " Said a young girl, about only a few months shy of Aahana.

" Mrignayani. When we are alone, you will call me by my name. Rather all the time. You are now my friend." She told her, a hand on her shoulder.

"Jo aagya Yuvrani - I mean, Aahana. " She said, smiling at her.

" Parihar devi. I wish to speak to my wife alone. " Uttar said, walking in.

" Arya? You're here? Are we called down -aaaah! What are you doing? " She shouted, as he picked her up in his arms, taking rounds with her.

" Oh I am so happy that we are finally able to meet without worries of proprietary. It was such torture leaving you each night we parted ways under the stars. " He said, putting her down near the balcony and hugging her from behind.

" Yes. It is peaceful. We begin a new life from tomorrow Arya. You and me. Against the world. " She put her head back against his chest as they watched the stars, thanking them for their fate.

A few years ago, two lovers looked at the stars
Bring us together, or tear us apart
But atleast tell us
Am I still part of their heart?

I'd ravage the seas to find you, I will
But first tell me, if I find you, will you ask me to look for the amrit still
For if you will, then listen my darling heart
When I have you, what more could I demand ?

That night, Aahana and Uttar began their beautiful life under the stars, unknown of the dangers of their past.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next morning, Aahana woke up with an empty bed, to see her husband dressed and already working, looking into the scrolls.

She looked at him, as he sat with his work. A finger rubbing the eeyebrow when he was stressed. The pursing of lips when something would not work out and the tiny lines at the corner of his eyes as he squintwd them to read the small texts.

" It is not wise to stare at a married man my dear heart. " He spoke suddenly, eyes still on his scrolls.

" But what if the one watching is your own wife Kumar? " She answered coyly, standing up to see him.

" My wife is a wonderful woman who looks at me without shame. She wouldn't choose such tactics. " He said as she suddenly came behind him, hair in her hands as she pulled his head back.

" Your wife is both. A tigress and a panther. I will do what I want, look at you however I want my dear prince. " She said, kissing his forgead and returning his head back to normal.

" You know, rather I should be angry with you. We haven't been married one day and you have brought me a co wife. "

Startled Uttar looked at her in fear. Co wife? When? How? Last he remembered he married one woman. Not two.