ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟸 : ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕤𝕪𝕒 

"But there has to be a better solution to this problem. " Uttar said, shaking his head as Aahana laughed at him.

" No Arya, the only solution is patience. " She said, as she adjusted his thighs in the balasan.

" But this has never happened to me before. " He cried, voice muffled by the ducked head.

"Well, they say there's a first for everything. " She smiled.

As he got back up, readying for the day, he saw his wife rummaging for something in her boxes, throwing everything here and there.

"Aahana. What are you looking for? Why don't you call your handmaid. "

" No handmaid can find this needle in my haystack Arya. I'll look for it myself. " She threw a piece of odhini behind which landed itself on Uttar face.

"Ahh, the scent of your beautiful perfume. " He said smiling as she looked back at him concerned.

"Yes, well that's all fine. " She returned back to his work, shuffling through the room when she didn't find it.

"What are you looking for? Maybe I can help? -"

"No! I mean. No, it's alright. You'll have your own tasks to carry out. I'll be coming soon. "   

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

𝕍𝕒𝕛𝕛𝕚

"Just because we're husband and wife now and you have my respect doesn't mean I won't try to vex you at all times. " Moksh said, running around the room with a lizard in his hand as Alata hid behind her changing curtains, running around it to evade her nuisance of a husband when her feet were entangled in the piles of clothes and she closed her eyes, bracing for impact when a hand shot out to grab onto her, yanking her to him.

"Carefully." He said, looking at her with concern, trying to look for an injury and smiling when he found none, before depositing the afformentioned lizard on her shoulder.

That day, the shrieks of the Yuvrani were heard across the palace, so much so that Karunika was distracted from her prayers, Adam looked up from his writings in his room,  dearest Madirakshi was startled awake and Nirmay and Shubhda fell down the archway they were talking in.

" What's wrong? " Shubhda asked, running into the room with the rest of the household following behind, peeking into the room to find a blue eyed Moksh, a frazzled Alata with her hair open like devi Kali's and a dead lizard lying in the pile of clothes across the room.

Poor lizard, the sound of Alata's shrieks and the chaos that erupted forced her to give her life to attain peace.

Watching her son, Karunika truly wondered how she managed to give birth to both Aahana and Moksh.

Shaking her head, she sighed, walking away as the others followed suit.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

𝕂𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕓𝕙𝕠𝕛

"Mata! I told you, I'll find a girl to marry. " Neelansh cried for the umpteenth time of the day as he met his father, midway, pulling him into the room.

"Look pitashree, mata has been after my head for a girl. "

"But -alright. Fine. I won't look. When you're old and exhausted, don't tell me no young woman wants to even look at your face. " She stormed out of the room.

Keeping a hand on his son's shoulder, Karn said, " Why don't you tell her about the girl from the fish markets. If you truly love her -"

"Yes, but she says she needs a few days. Her father isn't well -"

"Well, we'll cure them. Look son, if you don't stop her now, your mata will very well organise a swayamvadhu for you at this point, going against the society. So be quick."

"Aadyashree, my love. I'm coming'. He thought as he rode out of the palace gates on his horse.

" What did you tell him? " His wife asked as she watched her son leaving for the villages once more.

"To be true to his heart. " He answered stoically.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

ℍ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕦𝕣

With the end of the war, people had begun to finally experience the loss... Lack of able bodied men gave rise to increase in demand but lack of supplies, running the kingdom into disarray and poverty.

Yudhishthir sat in his room, head in his hands as he contemplated writing to his Jyeshth and his Jyeshtha for help.

"Arya? " Devika asked, walking into the room to see her husband.

"Devi,come. What brings you here? " He asked, wiping any trace of worry from his face.

"This isn't right Arya. You claim to have never lied in your life but you do so each time I see you exhausted by hiding your exhaustion from me. " She said softly as she dat nest to him, massaging his forehead, shoulders and arms.

"You caught me priye. I'm truly in a quandary. I don't know how to deal with the lack of food. Sometimes I feel like I am not a good enoug-" He was shut up by his wife's stern glare.

"Don't you dare think that you aren't a good king. You're one of the best I have seen. As for the matters of poverty, we'll deal with them. Ask Jiji to help you. She'll surely have a way. " She answered, pullingnhis head into her lap as he let go of all his worries.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Pitashree? " A strong and resolute voice called out. He entered his father's room to see his parents sleeping at the bed rest, with her mother sitting, her head bent awkwardly, as if to cause strain while his father held on to his mother's waist, a peaceful look on his face.

"Oh, you should rest. I'll talk later. " He whispered and before leaving, adjusted his mother's head so that it wouldn't hurt her anymore.

While walking out, he says to himself, " How shall I tell you. I'm already married. "

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

So... Too many cliffhangers after a week of hiatus
*laughs manaically*

But this is the trailer... Picture to abhi baaki hai mere dost ♥

Tell me how it was and do vote.

Much love

Radhekrishn ♥