Fighting Pt.1 ~(Greg & Steven)~

⚠ Cussing, screaming, breakdown, crying, mentions of neglect, verbal fighting, kinda physical fighting, kinda angsty ending, and I believe that's all. If I missed anything then please tell me in the comments! ⚠

‼ THIS IS NOT A SHIP ONE-SHOT ‼

(Not edited)

"Your family has been here the entire time?!" Steven asked exasperatedly while his grip on the car wheel tightened, his knuckles turning paper white before turning bright pink.

"Kiddo, you wouldn't have liked them. They ruined my childhood by trying their best to absolutely crush all of my creativity. I didn't want you to go through the same thing." Greg explained calmly while he lifted his hands in a defensive position.

"Well, they did a really crummy job! Your 'creativity' ended up with me living in a van for the first 13 years of my life. I could've lived in a house, I could've gone to school, I could've been a normal kid! Mom wanted me to be a normal kid. She said so in her tapes, she wanted me to be treated like a human because I am one. You went against her wishes and fucked me over in the process." Steven seethed before taking a quick turn.

The car slid off the side to the side of the road, knocking him out. When he came to he realized his head was laying on Greg's legs. "What-? He started to ask but was cut off by his dad. "Don't worry about the van, Shnooball. The only thing that matters is that you're alright." Greg reassured while putting his phone down after calling a tow truck.

"But I'm not fine. Dad, do you not understand how badly you messed up? I went to the doctor for the first time in my entire sixteen years of living, the other day. Why didn't you listen to Mom? Everyone else did. I would've been the only thing you should've listened to her about. Everything else she said is mostly just crazy talk, but sending your child to school? Sending him to a monthly doctor's visit? Those are things that you should have done." Steven continued his rant while he pushed himself off of Greg and instead sat away from him.

"Shnooball, I-" "NO! There is no excuse! You're irresponsible! You're not a good dad. You didn't like your own dad, so you were the complete opposite of him. You thought your dad was a control freak, so you became almost completely absent from my life! The only time we ever see each other is if I go to you. That's not how healthy parent-child relationships work! I'm the kid. You're supposed to reach out to me!" Steven stated at the same time he stood up and started to pace back and forth in front of Greg, who simply looked up at his son helplessly.

"I didn't mean-" Greg tried again, though he was cut off once more when he saw Steven's eyes glare a bright pink at him. "You didn't mean to? You didn't mean to neglect me all my life until I would come crawling to you in shambles from how shitty my life has been? You didn't mean to abandon me for my own friends with only a few shitty calls once a week? You didn't mean to?!" Steven asked all of his rhetorical questions while he took a step closer and closer to Greg.

However, with every step he took, along with every sentence he spoke, Greg was pushed back by his voice, only stopping when he slammed against a tree.

"We worked it out with our uncle! Why didn't you think we could do the same with your parents? All you have to do is talk to them! That's all you ever have to do. That's what I always do and it always works." Steven asked while tears started to gather in his eyes and slowly slid down his cheeks.

"How can I fix my mistakes?" Greg asked through a wheeze of breath, his lungs being pushed so harshly against himself by Steven's aura, that he could barely breathe.

"You can't! My childhood is over. I'm a freak to other humans and gems because of you and Mom! Why was I even born?! You knew Pearl liked Mom. If you didn't step in between them, then I wouldn't even have to be here, no one would hate me for existing, and I wouldn't have to deal with the burdens of all of her problems!" He cried out in frustration while he gripped his hair in his hands tightly.