𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

━━━━━━━━━.◦*∘☽

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Getting back to camp was relieving and I felt the ten-tone weight lift off my shoulders from the days events.

Glenn and I'd only talked about minor stuff after passing the van on the way to camp, and my ears had finally stopped ringing due to the sound of the car alarm blaring and the noise had become a muffle at this point, having dealt with it for so long now I'd forgotten it was there as we pull to a stop in front of the group.

"Holy crap turn that damn thing off!" Dale shouts as Glenn and I exit the car and instantly, my brother and sister rush forward and engulf me into a hug.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?" Elijah asks in a rush as he hugs my shoulders while Danika hugs my waist.

"Way too much little bro. Way too much." I tell him as I wrap my arms around the both of them.

"Where's dad? Is he okay?" Danika asks and I pull away from the pair, still extremely hot from running through the city in the blistering heat with a coat covered in walker guts.

"He's fine. He's with the others." I reassure them both as Shane cuts the cord on the challenger and makes the alarm cut short.

"Is she okay? Where is she?" I hear Amy bumbard Glenn about Andrea, her sister and I look at her.

"Everyone's fine." I tell them, but side-eye Glenn for a moment.

"Well, Merle not so much." Glenn says for me and I look around the group, glad that Daryl and Gage are still away on their hunting trip and not amongst the people in the crowd because if we had to go through the process of explaining what happened to either of them right now.

Lord pray for us all.

"Are you two crazy driving this wailing bastard up here?" Shane asks Glenn and I, clearly displeased by our choices and I only narrow my eyes at him in frustration. "Are you guys trying to draw every walker for miles?" He asks us both and I go to step forward to give him a piece of my mind about all the shit we just went through to get back here alive but Elijah grabs my arm.

"Don't." He whispers and I glare at him before I tear my arm from his grip.

"I think we're okay." Dale says softly, trying to defuse the rising tension and I turn to him and his eyes are on mine.

"You call being stupid okay?" Shane asks him in disbelief

"That alarm was echoing all over these hills, hard to pinpoint the source." Dale justifies as he stares Glenn and I down for a moment.

The look he has is both sympathetic and scrutinizing but I don't let it bother me.

"Wouldn't hurt to think things through a little more clearly next time, would it?" Dale asks and my eyes narrow now.

"We barely made it out of the city alive. You think a car alarm was the biggest of our concerns at that moment?" I snap to all of them, making everyone turn to me with widened eyes before the sound of the van fills everyone's ears and they all turn away from m; having forgotten what was said.

As the van pulls to a stop, the others from our run start to exit the van and reunite with their families.

Andrea and Amy collide in a hug first, having a sweet moment together while Morales' wife and children run to him and hug him.

My dad comes out next, and Eli and Dani rush to him and hug him while I slowly walk to him, knowing he was perfectly fine as he embraces my younger siblings.