𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

━━━━━━━━━.◦*∘☽
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Weeks had gone by since my first run out of camp with Glenn and Gage, and today was going to be another run, but this one was different.

More people were coming along, and we were going deeper into the city than we ever had before.

Nerves ate away at me, but we were running low on supplies and quickly.

Food, water, medicine, toilet paper.

We needed these things and it was disappearing faster than we could bring it back into the camp, hence the large group, more hands to grab supplies and cover more ground than just Glenn and I.

Occasionally Gage would join in as well but he spent most of his time out in the woods with his dad, the two having been gone now for a few days to go out hunting for more than just squirrels and rabbits.

Merle stayed behind, determined to join our group on this trip into the city, for what reason I'm not sure.

In total, it was Glenn, Andrea, My dad, Morales, Jaqui, Merle, Tdog, and myself.

Yup, this wasn't going to be great.

Elijah wanted to go along with us, but it wasn't safe in the city and our dad had shot down the idea almost instantly.

Despite some training, he still wasn't very confident with a gun when push came to shove, and he'd never had experience with a moving target that was determined to kill you.

Unlike my siblings, I'd seen what the world was becoming and it was quickly revealed that we'd never go back to the normal world, and after killing more than a hand's worth of fingers of geeks, I knew that the world wouldn't come back from this.

Glenn had talked to me over and over again about this run, how this was going to be harder as there are more people to keep track of, to order around, and well, he was damn right.

The numbers and the location of this run set me on edge from the moment I'd heard about it, but all of the smaller locations on the outskirts of the city had been picked over by us already, being swept clean of everything vital inside, so we had to push deeper.

I knew that deeper into the city meant more geeks, more risk, and I wasn't sure how smoothly this would go.

But, I kept my mouth shut as Glenn, Andrea, Moralas, my dad, and myself all piled into my Impala and then the rest of the group piled into Tdogs truck.

━━━━━━━━━.◦*∘☽

We'd left the cars blocks away from our designated area of supply gathering, and we'd snuck into a mass of buildings that connect together via an alleyway that was blocked off by a old hauling truck.

At least someone had a brain before everything went to shit.

We all enter the building and then look for the rooftop entrance.

Glenn had explained that between the alleyways and rooftops that connect together via walkways and stairs, we should be able to get in and out of the buildings we need without having any issues.

As we climb the stairs of the first building, Glenn leading the way. I pull my gun out of its holster and keep my front inches from Glenn's back as we walk up flights of stairs.

"What do we do from here?" I hear Jaqui ask once we hit the roof of the building, the warm Georgia sun beating down hot as we spread out around the rooftop.

"Mira and I will scout the next few buildings, find a safe route to and from. Once we get there, we'll come back and get all of you for supplies." Glenn says as he looks toward the side of the building where a visible set of stairs are, that lead down the side of the building.