𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

━━━━━━━━━.◦*∘☽

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐰𝐨

For the next two days, we spend most of our time trying to find shelter inside the city while simultaneously avoiding the dead which turned out to be unsuccessful.

After some desperate pleading from Shane to head for Fort Benning, it is agreed that we'd head in that direction in hopes that maybe they'd still be operational.

After the CDC, my hopes were low that a front line Military base would still be up and going this deep into the fucked up world we live in now, as all of the Army, Military, Maines, and other governmental forces were tossed onto the front line of this thing when things first went to hell but were over run.

The solid proof of that was the state of the Military grade vehicles and abandoned sandbag lots outside of the CDC and randomly posted around buildings in Atlanta.

My dad said that on the off chance that Fort Benning was still operational, it would be good to be surrounded by people that not only himself but me used to being surrounded by.

Military men and women are a certain type of people but having someone to relate to in this time, doesn't sound too bad. And it's not like we have very many other bright ideas on where to go from here, so that's where we've been heading for the last several hours.

Since the CDC, Gage has kind of just subconsciously joined my family and I in the Tahoe as once we made our first stop, it was pretty clear that he wasn't going to sit on the back of his dad's motorcycle and he sure as hell wouldn't be caught dead in the RV with Andrea and Glenn, both who talk more in five minutes than he does in a week.

My dad made no comments on the sudden appearance of the boy, and I'm glad for it because there isn't anything to discuss other than the fact that he isn't a people person and we aren't much for talking either; other than Danika.

Said child is asleep against the window, warn out from all of the chaos and moving around we've done in the last week, and it's no surprise that Elijah is nearly right there beside her in the front seat.

Between Gage, Elijah, and myself we've taken plenty of turns rotating around the vehicle at every stop we've made, but it's become blatantly clear that Gage and Elijah alike don't feel completely comfortable around one another yet, as the personality difference between them is more drastic than mine and Gage's.

Gage is quiet, observant, and anti-social on a good day.

Like Glenn, Elijah likes to talk when the conversation is good and someone will listen to him yap, and he has more carefree, sarcastic outlook to things than most, using his sarcasm for replies unlike Gage who will give you the brutally honest truth.

So, I've been back seat bound more than half of the time with Gage and Danika, my sister finding her own forms of entertainment and occasionally sparking a conversation between everyone in the car.

Watching her and Gage interact is heartwarming because for those few minutes, I see the hard lines on Gage's face soften, and he genuinely seems interested in whatever it is my sister deems reasonable to talk about in that moment.

I can't see Daryl with a kid, let alone Gage having a sibling to have grown up with, but it doesn't seem to stop him from acting like a sort of big brother to Danika, even if the few small acts that have happened so far are minimal in his eyes, they say more I will ever tell him.

It's cute, and warms my heart, but if I told Gage that, I'm sure it would burn whatever progression our friendship has made and he'd go back to shutting me out, so I keep my thoughts on the matter to myself.