ONE

𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥: 𝟭𝟬𝟭𝟵𝟭
𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗗𝗔𝗡: 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗔𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀

Paul awoke early in the morning, his mind had been occupied by dreams. Dreams about a desert planet, war and most importantly Aliyah, his best friend. The dreams showed her undeniable beauty, as she stood in the desert, her hair flowing in the wind.

But that's all it was, a dream.
He sat up, breathing in deeply, he knew it was wrong. He shouldn't be dreaming of his best friend like that, but in all honesty, it wasn't the first time. She was always plaguing his mind, not that he was complaining.

He has loved her since he met her, ten years ago. Her father George, had fallen ill, her mother had died two years previous. Their fathers were close friends, so of course Leto offered to take in Aliyah.

Paul had warmed to her instantly. It was nice to have someone his age to get up to no good with. They were each others partners in crime, they were never without the other, they simply belonged.

Trying his best to push his dreams out of his mind, he got out of bed, changing his clothes, before leaving his room, to go to hers, which was directly opposite his. He gently knocked on the door to see if she was awake.

"Coming Paul" a gentle female voice called. He smiled at the voice, it was so soothing.

Aliyah opened the door, smiling as she saw her best friend, closing the door after her she turned to him.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked taking her hand in his, interlinking them.

"No not really. You know I sleep better when your with me" he told her in a longing voice.

"I know, I'm sorry about that. But every now and then I must sleep in my own bed" she smiled with a teasing look.

He simply laughed, as he walked a little ahead, dragging Aliyah by his hand.

Finally the two made it to the dining table, sitting opposite each other, as breakfast was served. Lady Jessica, Paul's mother joined them as well. She had been like a mother to Aliyah too, as she had never had one.

"It's good you two are up early. Your father wants you in full dress before the emperors Herald arrives" Jessica said taking a bite of her food.

"Full dress? Military?" Paul questions, hoping that it was.

"Ceremonial" Lady Jessica replies with a nonchalant tone, knowing her son wouldn't be happy.

     "Why do we have to go through all this when it's already been decided?" Paul said unhappy about their situation.

"Would you two like some water?" She asks trying to change the subject. Both nodded, as they indulged in their breakfast.

"If you want it, make me give it to you. Use the voice." Lady Jessica commanded.

"Mom, we just woke up, and I don't know about Aliyah but I didn't sleep great." He said, but it didn't change his mothers mind.