FOURTEEN

𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙: 10191
𝘈𝘙𝘙𝘈𝘒𝘐𝘚: 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘯

Over the last week, Aliyah had improved greatly. She was up walking and rarely felt any pain. But of course, Paul begged to differ. "You must rest" he'd told her, about a million times.

The attacks kept coming, the Fremen taking any chance at all to weaken the Harkonnen family. They had made their way out to the desert again today, playing on blowing up a harvesting machine.

Aliyah had said she was fine, she insisted that she went, but many Fremen including Paul and Stilgar said for her safety, she should stay behind, at the risk of making her sound worse once more.

The Fremen faught like demons, they had created many ways to attack the enemy, without the even being aware they had been there.

One of their brilliant tactics was burying themselves in the sand, making them invisible to the Harkonnens. Today they had done that, they waited a long time until the time was right to attack.

The Fremen anxiously waited to pounce, as they let the metal bombs do their job first, blowing up and damaging the rescue thopter and many parts of the harvester.

Once all the bombs had gone off, they all jumped out simultaneously, readying for attack. Paul jumped out first, leading the Fremen.

He tripped the first suites Harkonnen man he encountered, before leaning over him, preparing to attack, but then he saw the eyes of a man he had seen many times before. Gurney Halleck.

"I recognise your footsteps, old man" Paul spoke, quoting the words he had said to Gurney not long ago.

Gurneys eyes widened, looking in the eyes of the man on top of him, but seeing him as an entirely different person, a person who he had lived with for many many years. A person who he had helped raise and helped develop into a man. A person he saw as his own son.

Paul stood still looking at Gurney, who had also stood now too, still staring at Paul in shock and disbelief.

Paul signalled to the other Fremen to stop fighting.

Gurney raised his hand, taking off the mask he had been wearing to shield his eyes from the sand.

Paul did the same, reaching his hand up and removing first the scarf, then the mask he had been wearing underneath it.

"You young pup" Gurney said in disbelief, moving forward to hug the young man.

"You young pup!" He yelled hugging him tightly, breathing out heavy sighs of relief and happiness. Paul was the last remaining person who he had lived with. Everyone else was gone.

"Oh, Liyah will be so happy to see you" Paul said smiling at the elder man.

"Where is she anyway?" The man answered.

"She's back at camp....she got hurt, at our last attack" Paul said, guilt laced within his words. Paul had blamed himself for her injuries.

"Is she alright" Gurney said, worried for the girl he saw as a daughter.

"She's fine, but she'll be much better when she sees your face. Come on" Paul said leading the man back to camp.