EIGHTEEN

Y𝘌𝘈𝘙: 10191

𝘈𝘙𝘙𝘈𝘒𝘐𝘚: 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘯

The next day Paul and Aliyah were standing out with Gurney who was watching something fall through the sky from far away. He held a binoculars up to view it. It was the emperor, on his way after they had sent a letter to him

"He took the bait" Gurney said still looking through his binoculars.

Paul turned while still holding up his binoculars to look into the distance where a massive storm was coming.

"Oh, The emperors very obliging" Aliyah said with a smirk.

Paul smiled at her words before saying "He's right of time"

"As you foresaw Muad'Dib, a grandmother of a storm" Stilgar said in Chakobsa from behind them.

__________

Around thirty minutes later they had all gathered back inside to discuss their attack plans, Paul describing their plan with his hands.

"When they storm hits this ridge, Gurney will open the way for you, Stilgar., so you can enter the basin from the west and distract their defence systems." Paul explained.

"Chani, I want you and your fedaykin to then attack from the east, inside the basin. I'll strike from the north head on, with the fundamentalist troops" Paul said.

"And I'll serve Arrakeen for desert" Gurney said making Aliyah roll her eyes playfully at his words.

"Remember, I need to emperor alive" Paul added with a stern look.

"Long live the fighters" Stilgar said in Chakobsa, making everyone around him repeat it, thumping their hand to their chest.

They all got up, preparing their equipment, and readying their troops. Aliyah sighed as it all suddenly became real for her.

"Liyah, come here" Paul said from a few feet away.

She nodded and walked over to him, only to be dragged inside the temple, a questioning look on her face.

"You have to stay here, just till I come and get you" he said stopping now inside the temple, Aliyah turned to see five fedaykin warriors waiting for her.

"Paul" she said, but it came out as more of a cry. She had never felt this scared in her life, she had never felt so much anxiety inside of her.

"You'll be fine" he whispered holding her head to his chest.

"It's not me I'm worried about" she whispered back to him.

Paul looked down to her "I'll be fine. There's no way if ever leave you, leave our child" he said, making her nod at his comforting words.

He gave her a weak smile before crouching down, to kiss her stomach softly, only some flowy fabric covering it. He stood up again, grabbing both sides of her head, and kissing her with passion. She sighed into the kiss, she wished they could just stay like that.

But they couldn't.

He eventually pulled away, his hand brushing against her cheek, before he leaned his forehead on her own, whispering that he'd be back, and just like that, he was gone.

_________

Thankfully, the room Aliyah stayed in had a small head sized gap, so she could see what was going on outside.

As soon as she looked out she say Paul on top of a huge Rocky Mountain, looking down at all of the warriors on the ground beneath him. Her eyes widened as she heard the cheers, the cheers, for him.

She watched proudly as he held up his crysknife, yelling out to the Fremen in Chakobsa "Long live the fighters!"

She watched as every single Fremen below mimicked his actions, holding up their own knifes proudly into the sky, and yelled out his own words.

The next thing Aliyah heard made her stomach turn. She knew when she heard them it had finally begun.

"FIRE!"