Chapter 3

It has almost been a year since Mildred met her soulmate. The school year was almost over when the police found the person who hit Mildred in their car. They were found guilty for ' hit and run ' and were sent to five years in prison. Mildred had to see a counselor talk about what happened to her and a physiotherapist to help her with her leg and arm broken. Julie helped when Mildred was at home because she used to get terrible cramps in her leg that needed to be massaged or stretched out.

The next day Mildred was ready to go to Cackle's Academy, and she was waiting for Hecate to come to get her. They had kept in contact with each other throughout the year, so they learned a lot about each other. Mildred looked outside, and she saw Hecate coming she got excited and waited for her to land as soon as she did Mildred ran up to her and hugged her, and she hugged her back. Hecate waited for Mildred to hug her mother goodbye, and Julie told Hecate about the cramps Mildred mainly got in her leg and showed her how to do it if it happened at school. Then helped her up on her broom, and they were off to Cackle's Academy.

When they landed, Hecate helped Mildred down and made sure she stayed near her all the time. She was worried about Mildred, and if Agatha came back because Mildred beat her once and knew she would come for revenge, so she had to protect her little soulmate. Hecate took Mildred into the staff room to meet the teachers again and sighed in relief when she didn't see Miss Gullet around, Miss Cackle was the first to see them and greet, and the rest of the staff followed when they saw them.

Hecate told Ada about the cramps that Mildred got in her leg, and the other teachers heard, and all offered their help if Mildred got them in their class, so she showed them what Julie showed her what to do. After Mildred greeted her teachers, Hecate showed her to her room and helped her unpack her things, and they both sat down, and Mildred told her about the guy who hit her and that he went to prison. Hecate was happy that they found the person who hit her and when she came out of her thoughts looked down and saw Mildred asleep on her shoulder, so she lifted her and put her into bed, she then kissed her forehead putting a protection spell on her, so she knew when she woke up. Hecate then left and went to her room to sleep.

When Mildred woke up the next day, the first thing she saw was Hecate sitting beside her bed, waiting for her to wake up. Mildred got out of bed and went to Hecate and hugged her. Hecate left the room so that Mildred could get dressed in her school uniform and when Mildred opened the door and saw Hecate with Maud next to her, they hugged and went down to have breakfast. Mildred had PE and flying first thing in the morning, and they had running to do. When they had finished, Mildred had a bit of a cramp afterward so, and Miss Drill massaged it out for her.

Mildred sat in the great hall to have lunch with her friends she made in PE: Maud Spellbody, Felicity Foxglove, Enid Nightshade, and Esmerelda Hallow. She didn't get along with Ethel Hallow and Drusilla Paddock. When they finished their lunch, they went to the next class, which was potions with Miss Hardbroom Mildred smiled but hid it when Ethel looked over at her. The students didn't know about Miss Hardbroom being Mildred's soulmate. The teachers were the only ones who knew, and they liked it that way.

When Mildred was in potions and made her potion, she accidentally turned Ethel into a pig. Everyone had a bit of a laugh, even Miss Hardbroom, all she did was walked up behind Mildred and told her the spell to turn her back, when she did Ethel was furious with Mildred that she walked up to her.

"You are the worst witch here." Ethel yelled.

Miss Hardbroom stepped in front of Mildred to protect her, and she gave Ethel a look that made Ethel back away. Ethel didn't know why Miss Hardbroom protected Mildred, but she was going to get Mildred back.

Ethel got Drusilla to find Mildred and bring her to an empty classroom where Ethel was waiting. When Mildred walked in, Ethel said a spell and turned Mildred into a frog and took her outside. Hecate felt the magic and went looking to see where it was coming from and walked straight into Maud.

"I can't find Mildred anywhere, and Felicity saw Drusilla with Mildred talking about Ethel wanting to see her." Hecate said.

Hecate was mad and left the room to find Ethel but couldn't find her, so she went looking for Mildred.

Meanwhile, Mildred was at a pond with another frog who was a human called Algernon Rowan-Webb. He talked to Mildred and helped her get back into the castle and made it past the cats but couldn't get past Miss Gullet, who put them into glass containers. Miss Hardbroom, Miss Cackle, Miss Bat, and Miss Drill were waiting for Maud to come in and tell them if she found Mildred but came in with Ethel, Drusilla and Enid instead. Enid heard a noise and looked behind her and heard one of the frogs.

"One and one make two." Frog Mildred said.

She quickly grabbed it when Miss Gullet picked it up and put the frog on two books.

"This is Mildred Ethel turned you into a frog, didn't she." Enid said.

Mildred nodded and looked at Hecate, who walked over to Ethel.

"Change her back now." Hecate said. 

When Ethel turned her back, Miss Cackle looked at her.

"Wait in my office, now." Ada said. 

Ethel left with Drusilla following her, and Hecate didn't care who saw but helped Mildred down from the table and just hugged her and didn't let go of her. Mildred remembered Mr. Algernon Rowan-Webb and stopped Miss Gullet from using him as an ingredient for her potion. Miss Hardbroom got Miss Gullet to turn him back when they found out she was the one who turned him into a frog while still holding onto Mildred.

Mildred did her test and passed it. Hecate, Maud, and Enid went to Mildred's room, where she told her two friends that Miss Hardbroom was her soulmate and that she found her last year when she was with Maud. They were happy for her and hugged her. They separated from the hug and sat on Mildred's bed and caught up with each other. 

After a while, they left her to talk to Miss Hardbroom. Mildred and Miss Hardbroom laid down on the bed beside each other while Mildred rested her head on her chest and fell asleep. Hecate just held her close to her, and when she knew she was asleep, moved from underneath Mildred and put another protection spell on her, and left the room to her own.

(A/N)

Next chapter coming up.

Please vote and comment any KIND feedback is wanted when need.