Chapter 6

It was nearly the end of term when Miss Cackle looked at the students.

 "We have a spelling bee with the students of Pentangle's Academy." Ada said.

Mildred looked over at Hecate and saw a shocked look but also a disappointed look on her face. Mildred knew about Hecate and Pippa Pentangle as best friends when they were in school until they drifted apart later. Hecate talked about everything to Mildred, and she did the same. When Miss Pentangle came to the school, you could spot her in the crowd of her students. She was the only one wearing pink.

The spelling bee was underway, with Pentangles leading by three while Cackle's only had two. Mildred was having trouble but always went to Hecate for help, even with the spelling bee this term. One afternoon Miss Pentangle came upon Mildred while she was studying and started talking. She offered a scholarship hoping she would take it. But she was surprised when Mildred shook her head at her.

"No, thank you, Miss Pentangle. I'm happy being here." Mildred said.

Mildred then got up and left, when she bumped into Hecate, she hugged her then told her about Miss Pentangle's offer, she told Hecate that she declined it. While Mildred and Hecate talked, they didn't realize Miss Pentangle was watching them. She saw them talking but didn't know why they seemed closer than teachers and students normally are, then was surprised when Hecate kissed Mildred and that Mildred kissed her back.

She thought that there was a possibility that they're soulmates, but wasn't completely sure so, she smiled and left them alone. The spelling bee had finally ended with Cackle's Academy winning because of Mildred's spell. Mildred didn't like the sad and depressing look Hecate had every time she saw her old friend and knew she had to get Hecate and Miss Pentangle talking, so she set up a plan to get them both to Miss Cackle's office.

She told Hecate that Ada wanted to see her in her office. She then told Miss Pentangle the same thing. Miss pentangle arrives first to find that Miss Cackle wasn't there, so she waited. A few moments later, the door opened, and Hecate entered holding Mildred's hand. They stopped and stared at each other when they realized they had been set up by Mildred, who was trying to sneak back out the door. Hecate gave Mildred a thankful smile and understood why she did this. Mildred returned her smile and gently closed the door behind her to give them privacy to work through their lost friendship.

They finally worked everything out and hugged each other. Hecate heard the door open and looked over. She saw Mildred by the door nodded her head to get her to come forward. She properly introduced Mildred to Pippa.

"Pippa, I want you to meet my soulmate, Mildred." Hecate said.

Pippa was shocked but smiled because she had a feeling they might have been. Pippa was happy that her best friend was finally happy. Cackle's students all went outside and waved off Miss Pentangle and her students. Hecate put her arm around Mildred's waist while Mildred and the other students waved to them as they were leaving. That night Hecate thanked Mildred for helping her and Pippa become friends again, she gave her a long kiss.