Chapter 9

One afternoon Mildred and Hecate were walking around the forest near Cackle's holding hands when they came across two eggs.

(The eggs.)

Mildred picked up the smaller ones, and Hecate picked up the bigger one. Hecate then transferred them to the school, where they landed in the staff room. The teachers, Ada and the Great Wizard who was staying around for this school year, looked up and saw eggs in both Mildred and Hecate hands.

Ada and the Great Wizard went with them to the library to see if they could find what the eggs were. They walked back into the staff room with books in their arms. The other staff members didn't have anything to do to help them look through the books with them, Mildred saw a bit in her book, and everyone heard her shout glee.

They walked up to her and looked at the page over her shoulder.

"They look like dragons and phoenix eggs, and they will only hatch if they are given a name." Mildred said.

Mildred thought of some good names, so did the others but couldn't come up with any. Mildred finally thought of one.

"Elio." Mildred said.

The big egg started to crack. Everyone crowded and watched the egg as it hatched, and then they saw ahead come through the cracks. The rest egg fell apart, and they saw the rest of the dragon.

Mildred looked at the other egg, and a perfect name popped up into her head.

 "Azura." Mildred said.

The egg started cracking then all of a sudden it just burst apart, and they saw that it was a phoenix.