Pt2Ch58: Chimera's Flames VII

Yujin rushed through the Starship military building, pushing the interrogation doors open. Yan, Rei, Bae, Hyunseo, Gaeul, Minji, Garam, Yunjin, Kazuha and Eunchae greeted the puppy with their eyes before turning back to the one-way glass.

Y/n and Minju sat shackled to their chairs with a seal placed over their navels. A gag and blindfold covered Minju's face, sealing off all of her senses except smell and touch.

Minho glanced back toward the black side of the glass. He took a deep breath, clearing his throat. "Tell me, why are you doing all of this? Why are you working for the enemy?"

"They're not the enemy. We're working for peace," Y/n grumbled.

"What peace?" Minho leaned back in his chair. "Everything that's happened to disrupt the peace has been cause by Orca. You're doing the exact opposite of what you said you're trying to do."

"We weren't living in peace. We were living in ignorance while the rest of the continent lived in fear. Park Ji Hoon had limitless power, yet there was still fighting amongst the other countries," Y/n argued.

"So why did Orca kill him instead of trying to work with him?" Minho asked. "Bae told me Mr. Park was the kind of person to think that fighting couldn't solve problems, but if they worked with him they could have tried to figure something out."

"Because Park Ji Hoon was toying with us--all of us," Y/n replied.

Minho sighed heavily. He leaned forward, locking eyes with Y/n. "For the entire time I've known you, not once have you had a strong resolve. You've always been the type to leave when things got dicey, so why are you here now? Why are you so resolute to work with the enemy? Why would you turn your back against your friends?"

"Because this world was built on the wrong foundations. I'm going to tear it down and rebuild it so everyone can live properly," Y/n answered.

Yunjin placed her hand on Yujin's shoulder, prompting the puppy to turn toward her sympathetic eyes. "Are you okay?"

Yujin eyed Y/n through the glass, pursing her lips. "I don't know..."

"As much as it pains me to say this, we should execute those two," Leeseo said. "He may have been Ji Hoon's student, but he's also actively working for the enemy. We don't know what he can do, and we won't always have commander Kim around to protect us."

Minji raised her eyebrows. "Execute...?" 

Yan nodded her head in concurrence. "He's too far gone. They probably brainwashed him. It's not unlike Orca to use our allies against us--we need to think clearly so we don't fall into another trap."

"But he tried to help us during the invasion," Bae mumbled.

"He also killed Hyejin," Gaeul added.

"Killed?" Eunchae questioned. "When he brought her back he did seem guilty..."

Yan folded her arms. She clicked her tongue, quickly scratching her head. "It might have been out of self defense. She sent Liz and I away before attacking him--this is so confusing!!"

"Speaking of Liz, he said she's at the Orca base right now," Bae commented.

"What?!" Rei gasped.

The group turned toward Minho. In true Minho fashion, he kept a stoic face despite interrogating two former comrades. Each interaction between Minho and the Starship refugees taught him how much he'd progressed to take up the position Lee Chaeyeon left. He began to articulate his words better, and thought on a grander scale.

"What is that staff on his back?" Kazuha asked. "There is some serious power coming from that thing."

"He got it from the Dragonforge," Bae replied. "He calls it the Sentinel's Staff, but not even he knows what it can do."