Pt2Ch61: Starship II

TW: This chapter contains a section that hints toward sensitive topics that may be disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised.

Rei peeked over a set of bushes and into the Orca base, watching as Leeseo teleported from building to building. Behind her Yan and Yujin waited for a signal with the latter shrouding herself in the trees. Rei glanced toward her sister's outfit, comparing the uniform with her own, Leeseo's and Yujin's with disgust. Unlike the formal uniforms that covered the entirety of their bodies, Yan donned an outfit akin to a qipao with a keyhole slit revealing her cleavage.

"I count about ten hostiles," Leeseo reported. "They look like ordinary soldiers."

"I'll go in and deal with them," Yan said. She brandished the metal gauntlets wrapped around her hands. "Is the perimeter secured?"

"You're not seriously going to try to do this alone, right...?" Rei mumbled. "Even if they're ordinary people, there's ten of them."

"Now you're just insulting me," Yan glared.

Before Rei could continue her taunts, Yan broke through the foliage. The woman's eyes glowed with the viridian hue of her allele. Without turning her head she caught an arrow flying toward her skull. Bells blared, and the sound of organized footsteps rumbled toward the elder Naoi.

Yan steeled herself for the oncoming group with a merciless blade in her gaze. Visions and silhouettes of the grunts' movements and actions filled Yan's mind. Her allele extended to the flow of air and shift in the dirt, allowing her to weave through their spears. With the grace of a swan, Yan snapped the head of an oncoming spear. Its tip nestled softly in the leather palms of her gauntlets, allowing her to jab it toward the same grunt.

Before he could make contact, the grunt grabbed Yan's wrist. Her eyes widened as a seal formed underneath the man's forearm.

I couldn't see his movements?!

In an instant Yan teleported back and outside Rei's bubble. Leeseo tapped Yan's shoulder mumbling, "It's not your fault."

Seals of differing designs sprouted on the remaining nine soldiers in varying spots along their bodies. Their colors diverged in hue, but they equally shone brightly through their clothes. With a synchronized flex of their wellsprings, the grunts broke through Rei's bubble.

"How'd they know they can do that?!" Rei gasped.

The leading grunt threw his sundered spearhead toward Rei at blinding speeds, prompting her to swipe her hand through the hair. A distortion of light pulsed through the area in front of Rei, stopping the spearhead dead its ripples. Rei blinked behind Yan, eyeing her former spot.

Leeseo quickly teleported away from the approaching grunts and toward the back of the pack. Her eyes widened as the grunt she targeted blocked her slap, causing his arm to teleport away instead of his head.

These guys are crazy strong!!

The man thrusted his spear as Leeseo teleported away. With a hole in her uniform, and blood seeping from her navel, Leeseo clutched her stomach.

"Are you okay, Ms. Lee?" Rei frowned.

"Focus ahead, Rei," Leeseo scolded. "Those markings look similar to Y/n's. I don't know what they are exactly, but we can't mess around."

"Did Y/n give it to them?" Rei questioned. "No. I don't feel the same creepy feeling with these like I did his."

Yan scrambled around the battlefield, bending and scuttling away from spearhead after spearhead. "Regardless of what those markings are, we need to do something quick!!"