Prelude

(This song is from a game called Gods Will Be Watching, it's OST is made by fingerspit)

(This music is short. You may want to consider looping it, if you wish)

________

"If the rain comes

They run and hide their head

They might as well be dead

When the rain comes"

________

ACT 1

Everything was strange.

Everything was abnormal.

Everything was. . . unfamiliar.

How long have you been running through the same steel filled tunnels? Trying to find another sanctuary from this madness? 

How long have you been running from predators that want your broken body in their mouth?

How long have you been trapped in this alien world? Forever trapped in a cycle of rain, rot and blood?

Too long was the correct answer for all of these questions. You were running out of time.

Giant rusted iron buildings could be seen outside the tunnels through cracks in the decaying walls. It was breathtaking the first time you saw them, but after subsequent viewings, it only brought you unfathomable dread. 

If such a brilliant metropolis could fall into ruin. . . Then so can you. 

The Rain was bound to be upon you any moment now and you did not want to be crushed by the onslaught of raindrops today, or be washed away in the current, or drown.

The Rain really was dangerous...

You sighed and kept running, you had to think of something else. Something more, uplifting.

It only seemed to be yesterday when you ended up here. Falling down a pit (or ravine) into this horrible world filled with creatures who only see you as another snack.

You had no idea how you survived the fall and at this point, you wished you hadn't.

Your memories were foggy. You probably hit your head or something when you fell. 

Though, you do remember being raised by a clan of green slugcats, ones who used peace as a tool. You were inspired by them to be the best slugcat you can be. A savant of peace and prosperity.

Now look at you, hungry, thirsty and ill. Lost in an alien world. Already sentenced to death. 

The tunnels seemed to never end; you seemed to be going in circles.

Sanctuary was close, it had to be. 

The thing that kept stalking you always shone its yellow light towards some sort of point of interest, and the last time it showed up, it directed you to the end of these tunnels.