Bio-Engineering

[[SONG BY YANN VAN DER CRUYSSEN]]

Enjoy a 4000+ word special.

———————————————————————————————————

YOUR P.O.V:

Scene 1:

=====================================================

You wake yet again, the damp walls of your sanctuary greeting your soft fur/skin with a cold embrace. The feeling would have felt nice if it didn't immediately wake you up.

You're going to have to get used to this abrupt awakening eventually.

With a strained yawn, you got up, only to see Artificer gone once again, leaving you behind twice in a row now.

Brilliant. She'd probably gone and broken her oath already.

As you finally get your bearings the vault doors start to sluggishly open, the rumbling sounds of gears and the loud whirring of machinery fill your ears, so you decide to get a move on and try and focus on the second thing on your to-do list.

2: Get out of The Outskirts.

Artificer has definitely been down here longer than you have, and it wouldn't be a surprise if she knew a way out of here. So, you decided it would be best to find and follow her.

You also needed other things.

Food was of utmost importance obviously, but you also needed medicinal items to fulfil your side of the promise you made to Artificer.

The main items you would need to make some rudimentary antibiotics were honey, most notably one from a beehive and the juices from a blue pupa fruit. Garlic would also be beneficial, but you doubt such a thing exists here.

The doors were open, allowing you to drop down from the sanctuary and land face-first into the ground. Great start.

You got up off of the floor, trying to not cause more damage to your crippled leg than what was necessary, and brushed yourself off.

Golden sunbeams shone through cracks in the steel tunnel you were in enveloping your body in a nice and comforting warmth. It actually, didn't feel half bad. Maybe this world isn't as bad as you thought. . .

Oh, who are you kidding, this place is horrible and anyway now's not the time to be philosophical.

You entered the next room to your left and ended up in the outside area with the structure that looked like a lizard's head.

The spears from the last cycle were still stuck to the ground. The tips still had a faint green hue from the blood that had been shed previously. Though curiously, some of them were gone.

Artificer must've passed through here.

You would be lying if you said that her murder spree did not have its advantages though, anything that would normally try and attack and kill you is dead already, so there was no worry of death claiming you.

After crossing the battlefield, you looked up. On the top of the structure was a pathway towards somewhere you haven't been before.

Perhaps it could be a way out? Worth a shot.

After cautiously climbing a few bits of scaffolding, you were met with a small crawl space digging into the base of the structure. The hole in the wall was a sewage pipe, though any sewage that would have passed through before had long since dried up.