Chapter 6 (Season 2): Dazzling Agents

Time had passed, and it was now January 1st, New Year's Day. The previous night had marked the end of 2011, New Year's Eve, and the beginning of 2012. In Abby's apartment, Cooper was in his bedroom watching "Mission: Impossible" when Abby walked in.

"Watching 'Mission: Impossible,' Coop?" Abby inquired.

"Yes, Mom," Cooper responded.

"Cool," Abby remarked, noticing Cooper seemed lost in thought. "What's on your mind?"

"Mom, this movie sparked an idea for a group dance. How about the girls wear gold jackets, like agents on a case?" Cooper suggested.

"Cooper Miller, that's brilliant! We'll try it out this weekend at Hollywood Vibe in Skokie, where our next competition is," Abby exclaimed.

"Mom, do you remember my 'Secret Agent Man' solo when I was 10? I wore an agent suit," Cooper reminisced.

"I remember, you scored perfectly," Abby replied, as they started planning the group dance concept.

The following day at the studio, Abby and Cooper discussed the last competition, and everyone was taken aback to see Maddie placed at the lower level of the pyramid alongside Mackenzie, Nia, and Kendall. Chloe and Brooke occupied the middle tier, while Paige was at the top.

"Coming weekend, we're heading to Hollywood Vibe in Skokie, which is quite close," Abby announced to everyone. "I expect full commitment from all of you. Remember, we're just 18 minutes north of our usual spot, and both you and I have targets on our backs. The group dance is titled 'Private Eyes,' a concept proposed by Cooper."

There were smiles and applause for Cooper from the girls and their mothers.

"Coop, can you share who's in the group and the other assignments?" Abby prompted.

"Affirmative, mom," Cooper replied. "All girls are in the group except Mackenzie. Additionally, we have a trio named 'Over and Over' featuring Maddie, Chloe, and Paige. Paige, you're back in the trio as you're atop the pyramid. Kendall, shake off that glum look; we need to win. Chloe, you have a solo called 'Please,' and Maddie, you'll perform 'Every Little Step.' We're bringing two champions who've previously triumphed at Hollywood Vibe, and one must win again. Alright, moms, you may leave, and girls, begin your warm-up."

"Let's get moving," Abby directed the moms and girls.

The mothers left Studio A, and the girls started their warm-up routine.

Two days later, Abby was discussing the competition with her son when Jill arrived at the studio. The Millers watched curiously as she stepped out of her vehicle accompanied by a man. Together, they went to the back of the vehicle, opened the trunk, and retrieved a bench.

"What is Jill planning?" Cooper inquired, arching an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure, Coop, but I'm intrigued," Abby replied as Jill entered with the man and positioned the bench at the entrance. Abby and her son approached the bench and observed a small gold plaque inscribed with 'To Abby Lee & Cooper, with love from Jill & Kendall'.

"It's a little something to enhance the studio," Jill explained.

"Thank you," Abby expressed, as she and Cooper embraced Jill in a hug.

"Be careful, Jill, the moms might just kill for this," Cooper warned.

Moments later, the moms and girls arrived and noticed the new bench Jill had brought in.

"What's this?" Kelly inquired.

"Hello, everyone," Jill greeted them. "This isn't just for Abby and her son; it's for the studio and something we can all enjoy."