Chapter 1

Third P.O.V.

Aerion(pick which one you want) was currently riding his dragon, Nyxondra, letting her stretch her wings. They touch down near Nyxondra’s cave that she hides in. 

He walks towards the castle where a guard walks over to him

“Queen Aemma, wants to see you.” The guard told him.

Aerion quickly runs inside the castle past a lot of people and to his mother’s room. He makes it to the room and sees his mother, many different ladies, his sister and Alicent Hightower. 

“Aerion…” Aemma said when she saw her eldest son. 

Everyone turned and Rhaenyra instantly smiled at her brother who merely glanced at her. She sighed as she watched her brother sit next to their mother. 

“Mother?” Aerion said with a smile. 

“Hello, my sweet boy.” Aemma said softly. 

“How are you?” Aerion asks softly. 

“I’m fine. I believe you have a council meeting to get to.” Aemma said. 

“Right.” Aerion said before he kisses his mother’s cheek and heads straight to the council room. 

When he arrived the men all looked up and he smiled with an apologetic smile. 

“Sorry, I'm late.” Aerion said softly. 

“It’s alright, son. But let me guess you went for a ride on Nyxondra and then went to visit your mother?” Viserys states. 

“I did, yes.” Aerion said with a nod as he took his spot across from Otto.

“That explains it.” Viserys said. 

It eventually gets to the topic of Aerion’s mother and what the gender of the baby is. Aerion gets up from his spot because he could not sit there and hear them talk about the babe in his mother’s stomach. 

“Aerion?” Viserys asks. 

“I’m going to see my mother again. Carry on without me.” Aerion spoke softly but really he went to the garden where he saw Laena. 

She was with her brother, Laenor as they were just walking in the gardens. Laenor was the first to see him.

“Hello, Lady Laena, Ser Laenor.” Aerion spoke gently. 

“Aerion!” Laena exclaimed, letting go of her brother and jumping into Aerion’s arms. 

“It’s nice to see you too.” Aerion said with a chuckle, before he looked at Laenor. “Mind if I walk with your sister?” 

“No, I don’t mind. Have fun.” Laenor said, before walking away. 

The two walk together.

“How has your day been today?” Aerion asks. 

“It’s been okay. What about you?” Laena asks. 

“I hate the council meetings because they eventually get to the topic of the babe in my mother’s stomach. They only talk to her like she’s not even important.” Aerion said. 

“I’ve seen how she gets each time she’s pregnant. I thought your father would have learned by now.” Laena said. 

“Me too.” Aerion replied. 

*Time skip*

It was the tourney for the birth of Aerion’s new baby brother or sister. He wasn’t in the tourney because his mother banned him after what happened last time. He was seated next to his father and Lord Corlys as he was his father’s heir. 

Aerion was more worried for his mother as time went on. But when Aerion saw blood start to appear he looked at Laena who looked scared. He moves from his spot and knelt down next to her ignoring the looks he received from his father and Laena’s parents. 

“Look at me.” Aerion whispered to her. 

Laena does so. 

“Just keep looking at me. Ignore everything that’s happening down there okay.” Aerion said and she nodded. 

She reaches over and hugs him tightly, putting her face to his chest. He looks up at his father and her parents who were smiling at him. He looks to Rhaenys who thanks him. 

When the blood and gore was completely gone Aerion went back to his seat not before kissing her cheek. 

"Prince Daemon of House Targaryen, Prince of the City, will now choose his first opponent!" Master of Revels calls out.

Cheers are heard from the crowd. Daemon gets to choose who he wants to go against before he chooses Otto's son, Gwayne. He smirks up at Otto who looked like he wanted to say something but stopped when he felt Aerion's stare on him. 

"He's just trying to rile you up, Lord Otto." Aerion spoke softly. 

"I see that Prince Aerion. But I won't give him that satisfaction." Otto responded. 

"Prince Daemon has chosen Ser Gwayne Hightower of Oldtown, eldest son of the Hand of the King." Master of Revels.

Aerion watches the rest of the tourney before his father gets up and leaves in a hurry. He turns in his father's direction to see Maester Mellos. 

"All is fine Prince Aerion. Queen Aemma asked for him." Maester Mellos said and quickly followed King Viserys. 

Aerion knew that was a lie but didn't question it. He continues watching the tourney before he felt something is wrong. He quickly gets up confusing everyone in the royal tent. 

"Prince Aerion?" Otto asks. 

"Something's wrong." Aerion responded before rushing out of the tent.

"Stop him!" Otto yelled towards Ser Harrold. 

Ser Harrold and several guards rushed after the prince but he was too quick. Aerion ran through different corridors and halls before making his way to his mother's birthing room. 

He rushed inside only to see his mother with blood on her stomach and dead. Everyone who heard the door opened turned to see Prince Aerion. 

"MOTHER!" Aerion cries out causing everyone to rush to stop him from getting closer. 

He clings to his mother as the Kingsguards rush in to see Prince Aerion clinging to a dead Queen Aemma. Their hearts broke for the prince, he cries out again and his dragon who felt his anguished roar loudly caused the tourney to go quiet and listened to the dragon's roar. 

Rhaenyra looks back at the council members who were all getting up before she realized the roar. 

"What's that roar for?" Alicent asks. 

"Aerion, he's crying." Rhaenyra answered. "But for what?" 

"Princess Rhaenyra," Ser Harrold appeared with a sad look on his face, "Your mother Queen Aemma is dead." 

"W-what?" Rhaenyra asks with tears starting to form.

"I'm sorry for your loss Princess." Ser Harrold said before he leads her and Alicent out of the royal tent.