Chapter 3

Third P.O.V.

It's been three months since Aemma died. Aerion filled his time with his studies, council meetings, spending time with Laena and spending time with Nyxondra. He knew his father was being pressured to remarry and he had asked his son to help him. He suggested Lyra Martell who was close to Viserys' age but not too close. Aerion did send a letter to Qoren Martell and told him about having his daughter marry his father. Qoren agrees and the two would send letters back and forth. 

But right now there was a council meeting. Aerion was seated in between Corlys and Otto. His sister and Alicent were in the room as well. 

"My lords, I have a few announcements to make. First my son, Prince Aerion will marry-" Viserys starts, as Aerion looks up. 

He notices his sister with a happy grin hoping it'd be her. 

"Laena Velaryon a few months." Viserys reveals. 

Rhaenyra looks down angrily. 

"And you all have been asking if I'd remarry. I've decided that I will marry Lyra Martell before Springs End." Viserys reveals. 

Alicent sighs in relief as her father stared at her in anger.

"Is this your way of asking them to bow to the crown?" Mellos asks. 

"No, Aerion suggested that we make a peace treaty with them. Aerion has been sending letters back and forth with Prince Qoren for about three weeks now." Viserys answered. 

"And you didn't tell us about it?" Lyman asks.

"It was something Aerion suggested to me and we decided to keep it from the council." Viserys said.

Soon the council ended with servants making preparations for the arrival of Lyra Martell and her family. Aerion found Laena in the gardens like he always does and snuck up behind her. He grabs her by the waist causing her to squeal. 

"Aerion!" Laena exclaimed hitting him on the chest. 

"Sorry, Little Love. But I have some good news." Aerion said with a chuckle as he set her back down. 

"What?" Laena asks as the two walk. 

"Well at the council meeting father revealed to the council that me and you will be married in a few months." Aerion said slowly.

Laena stops and lunged herself at Aerion while squealing. 

"Yes!!!" Laena yells happily.

Aerion laughs keeping a hold onto Laena. Others that were in the garden smiled at the Velaryon girl, but Rhaenyra heard from a balcony and let's just say she wasn't happy. 

*Time skip*

It was the day when Lyra Martell and her family would be arriving. Servants were doing last minute checks about the castle. The royal family and everyone else were standing perfectly. Aerion was to his father's left and Rhaenyra on the other side. 

Soon the gates open and a carriage rolls in with guards surrounding it. It stops and a guard gets off a horse and opens the door. A man steps out before a female steps out behind. 

"King Viserys..." Prince Qoren greets with. 

"Prince Qoren..." Viserys greets with a nod of his head. 

"Let me introduce you to my children. My eldest Lyra Martell. My daughters, Princesses Aliandra and Coryanne. And my youngest son, Prince Qyle." Qoren said pointing to each of his children who bowed.

Qoren's eldest child steps forward and curtsied to Viserys. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you King Viserys. Prince Aerion has told me wonderful things about you in his and my father's letters." Lyra said with a soft voice and kind smile. 

"All good things I hope

"All good things I hope." Viserys said with a nervous smile. 

"All good things." Lyra said with a smile. 

They all head inside and into the dining hall where they all converse together.