The Final Judgement

They both said nothing. Then, Nameless turned around, his warm, pale green eyes staring at Irwin.
From behind them, the rest of the men came because they had heard the gunshot. They stared in shock at Nameless, who was holding a gun that pointed towards the dead body of Powell.
"Tell them!" Irwin whispered desperately to Nameless. "Please, tell them! Tell them you are innocent. Tell them Powell is the evildoer. Tell them he tried to kill me and you are just protecting me. Tell them, please," Irwin pledged and sobbed, "please, don't let them get you."
Nameless took a deep breath, and hopelessly shook his head. He sighed and turned around, facing the men.
"I did it." He dropped the gun and raised his hands. "I killed him, for he was trying to kill the innocent kid."
The men glanced at each other. In the end, they hesitated to fire at Nameless.
"Cuff him and take him to court." A strong man said. "We'll deal with him later. With the law. As for you, kid, you shouldn't've been here or seen anything. Get back to your house."
"Yes, Mr secretary."
Irwin obeyed, and sobbed quietly but heartbrokenly as he watched the men cuffed up his dearest friend — the only one who had actually cared about him.

***

Irwin broke through the door, running as fast as he could. A huge crowd had already surrounded the town's courthouse. Everyone was focused on what's inside the window.
"Excuse me, please!" Irwin yelled as he dashed through the crowd, "He's my friend. Let me see it, please!"
The crowd opened up a path for him and left him a place at the front.
The inside of the courthouse was in complete silence.
Bang!
The judge's hammer hit the table. Everyone's eyes looked at his mouth.
"I now pronounce the defendant, 'Nameless', ..."

"Guilty..."

"No..." Irwin started crying.

"... and will be sentenced to death."
"No! No!" Irwin screamed. The crowd walked away from him, for his yell was terrifying. "No! Please! He didn't do anything! No!"