1960, 7/10, The Stream and the Breeze

"Ma, I'm going out with my friends!" Irwin went downstairs and yelled to his mom in the kitchen.
His mother turned to him, concerned. "Beware of the murderer! Keep yourselves safe and sound, you hear me? And are you not gonna eat your breakfast first? The breakfast is the most imp-"
"I know I know, Ma, but I'm just not hungry." He interrupted, "I'm comin back for lunch!"
Before his mom could let out another word, Irwin had left. His mom sighed.
Irwin dashed behind the house, through the bushes and straight into the woods. The weather was so fine, the blithe birds singing cheerfully, the azure sky was cloudless, the golden sunshine sprinkling the land. Squirrels bounced near the trees.
"Nameless?" He asked quietly as he went deeper into the woods, hoping for a response, "Nameless?"
A bush wiggled.
Irwin went inside. Nameless was lying on the ground, his ragged clothes full of dirt. He smiled.
"There you are," Irwin kneeled down as Nameless sat up, "did anyone see you?"
"No, but this place isn't that safe either. I can't stay here for long. There are even some snakes, good thing they didn't bite me."
"I promise I'll find you a better place to sleep," Irwin took out a bag, opened it up to reveal the cereal and muffins inside, "here you go, you must've been starving."
Nameless looked at him with gratitude and proceeded to devour the food.
"Where are you gonna go?" Irwin asked, "they are coming out to get you right now. You aren't safe."
"I don't know," Nameless mumbled, "but I will stay in this town, at least not till my mission is finished."
"Mission?"
"I'm sorry, Irwin," Nameless gulped the last bit of food, "but I can't tell you. Sorry."
Irwin was disappointed, but didn't say anything about it. "Well, you can't keep on staying here. But I know a place where you can rest well. Follow me."
Nameless stood up and followed Irwin.
They went deeper into the woods. The sound of water came closer and closer. They went into a clearing. In front of them was a stream, aquamarine in color, clear as glass. The fish danced in the stream, which rushed over the stones, creating a beautiful symphony together with the sound of wind shaking the leaves.
"Go across the stream, where you can find a barn. They got a lotta food there, and they don't belong to Ranhbniz, so they probably won't know who you are. Work for them and they'll provide you shelter and food. You don't need to hide anymore. I'll come and visit you often. If I have time." Irwin pointed to somewhere across the water, "good luck, I'll miss you."
"Wow," Nameless stared at the stream in awe, "it is...beautiful, like how dad told me, blue and clean."
"Yeah." Irwin agreed softly. This scenery had never failed to amaze him despite the fact that he had seen it numerous times before. This, perhaps, was the unique charisma of Ranhbniz.
The two just stand there, drunk in this incredible view. The stream flowed, the breeze blew, the birds were singing. For a few moments there was peace. Yet in all times, peace is ephemeral.
From the west came the horrifying shriek of a woman, awakening the two, or even worse, the whole town. Even deep in the woods they could hear speaking sounds and doors opening.
"I have to go check it," Irwin said, "you stay, I'll come back for you. You have my word. Please stay, I don't want you to get caught." He ran out of the woods.
Nameless was left there, listening to the stream and the breeze. There was more to Irwin than he had thought – maturity, and most importantly, kindness he had found in no one else.Taking one last look at the stream, he went across it, and marched slowly towards a lone barn on the horizon.