Chapter 1- Fathoms Below

Three seagulls flew through gray clouds then swooped down over the ocean. Below the water, three smiling dolphins leapt through the waves in arcing jumps.

Fish swam in the ocean happily. The three dolphins stopped as a seagull flew by them on the surface.

Behind the dolphins, a sailing ship loomed through the mist, crashing through the waves. The ship cruised in the ocean.

On board is none other than Prince Danny.

Danny's POV

Burly sailors hauled in a net full of fish from the water.
"I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue and it's hey to the starboard, heave ho look out, lad, a mermaid be waitin' for you in the mysterious fathoms below," the sailors sang. I stood on deck.
"Isn't it great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face... A perfect day to be at sea!," I exclaimed. Dad's face was green as he leant over the side of the ship.
"Oh yes... Delightful...," dad trailed off.
"A fine strong wind and a flowing sea. King Jeremy must be in a friendly- type mood," a sailor commented.
"King Jeremy?," I asked.
"Why, ruler of the merpeople, lad. Thought every good sailor knew about him," another sailor commented.
"Merpeople! Danny, pay no attention to this nautical nonsense," dad spoke. The second sailor waved a fish in front of dad's face.
"But it ain't nonsense, it's the truth! I'm tellin' you, down in the depths o' the ocean they live," the sailor defended.
"Heave, ho. Heave, ho. In mysterious fathoms below," the sailors sang. The fish in the sailors hand wiggled away and landed back in the ocean, no doubt relieved to be back in the water.

The fish dove down into the ocean, leaving a trail of silvery bubbles behind him.