Chapter 8- Kiss The Girl

In the dining room with his parents and Samatha is where we find Danny.

Danny's POV

Crashing noises filled the comfortable silence in the air.
"I think I'd better go see what Skulker is up to," mom said.

Skulker's POV

The kitchen was a complete mess as I dug around, looking for this crab.
"Come out you little pipsqueak and fight like a man!," I yelled to the crab.
"Skulker!," Maddie yelled. I banged my head.

Maddie rested her hands on her hips.
"What are you doing?," Maddie asked me.
"Well, I- I was just, er, er, I'm sorry, madame," I apologized. Maddie carried out the dinner plates.

Danny's POV

"You know, Danny, perhaps our young guest might enjoy seeing some of the sights of the kingdom. Something in the way of a tour?," dad suggested. Mom sat our plates down.

I stared at the girl longingly, resting my head in my hand. She was so beautiful.
"I'm sorry, dad, what was that?," I asked.

Samantha's POV

"You can't spend all your time moping about, you need to get out. Do something, have a life," Jack spoke to Danny. Jack lifted his plate's cover, revealing Tucker cowering in the salad.

Tucker raised a claw to his mouth, telling me to be quiet.
"Get your mind off of-." Jack got cut off as I motioned for Tucker to hide in my plate.
"It's not a bad idea, if she's interested," Danny said. Tucker ran to my plate as I covered it.
"Well, whaddaya say? Would you like to join me on a tour of my kingdom tomorrow?," Danny asked me. I nodded my head vigorously, leaning heavily on my plate's cover.
"Wonderful, now let's eat, before this crab wanders off my plate," Jack spoke. Jack stabbed his dinglehopper at an empty plate.

***

I leaned heavily on my balcony, wearing a nightgown. I watched as Danny played with Wulf on the lawn.
"Come here boy! Arrr...," Danny trailed off. Wulf licked Danny's face as Danny ruffled Wulf's fur.

Danny stared at me and waved at me. I waved shyly back at Danny as I backed into my room.

I brushed my hair with my dinglehopper as Tucker sat on a table.
"This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life," Tucker commented. Tucker picked a lettuce leaf off of his head.

I walked past Tucker and patted his head.
"I hope you appreciate what I go through for you, young lady," Tucker spoke. I sank into my bed.
"Now, we got to make a plan to get that boy to kiss you. Tomorrow, when he takes you for that ride, you gotta look your best. You gotta bat your eyes, like this. You gotta pucker up your lips, like this," Tucker spoke. I fell asleep, tuning out anything else Tucker had to say.

Jeremy's POV

The seahorse swam hurriedly to the throne room as I swam back and forth with my hands behind my back.
"Any sign of them?," I asked the seahorse.
"No, Your Majesty. We've searched everywhere. We've found no trace of your daughter, or Tucker," the seahorse explained.
"Well, keep looking. Leave no shell unturned, no coral unexplored. Let no one in the kingdom sleep until she's safe at home," I explained.
"Yes sire," the seahorse spoke. The seahorse bowed and left.

I sat in my throne.

"Oh, what have I done? What have I done?," I asked myself.

***

Samantha's POV

The sun was rising. Maddie and Jack waved goodbye to Danny and I as we rode away in a horse- drawn buggey.