Chapter 4- Part Of Your World, Part 2

Danny laid on his back on the beach, unconscious. Jazz landed next to Danny.

Leaning over Danny is where we find Samantha.

Samantha's POV

"Is he dead?," I asked Jazz. Jazz opened Danny's eyelid.
"It's hard to say," Jazz spoke. Jazz put her ear against Danny's foot.
"Oh, I- I can't make out a heartbeat," Jazz said.
"No, look! He's breathing. He's so, beautiful," I spoke, moving his raven locks out of his face. Tucker and Valerie stayed in the water, watching me intently.

I gently caressed Danny's cheek. Tucker dropped his jaw in disbelief.

Jazz flew over to Tucker, closing his jaw for him.
"What would I give. To live where you are? What would I pay. To stay here beside you? What would I do to see you. Smiling at me? Where would we walk? Where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun? Just you and me. And I could be. Part of your world," I sang.

Danny's POV

The sun shone through the gray clouds as my eyes fluttered open. I touched the girl's hand with mine.

Was she an angel? Was I dead?

I could only see the girl from the waist up. The golden sunlight shone brightly behind her, making it hard for me to make out her features.

Wulf barked and ran over to me, licking my face. Dad ran over to me as the girl dove into the water.
"Danny! Oh, Danny. You really delight in these sadistic strains on my blood pressure, don't you?," dad asked me. Dad helped me up as I shook my head.
"A girl rescued me... She was singing... She had the most beautiful voice," I explained.
"Ah, Danny, I think you've swallowed a bit too much seawater. Off we go. Come on, Wulf," dad said.

Samantha's POV

Wulf stood in the water barking at me and my friends.
"We just gotta forget this whole thing ever happened. The sea king will never know. You won't tell him, I won't tell him. I will stay in one piece," Tucker explained to Valerie. I hoisted myself onto a rock, watching as Danny left.
"I don't know when. I don't know how. But I know something's starting right now. Watch and you'll see. Someday I'll be. Part of your world," I sang. I sighed longingly.

I really wanted to be part of Danny's world.