𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
gave you everything !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻gave you everything !

luke usually didn't do things on a whim. he liked to at least try and think it through for a while, or pretend he did, but as he sat on the airplane in direction to chicago, he had to admit he didn't think it through at all.

all he thought about was that it had been almost a month of no contact with lexie, besides the couple of texts they'd exchanged. the much needed two day break his coach gave him was the only push he needed to buy the ticket.

throughout the flight he came up with different things to say once he saw her, though it all disappeared from his head the moment he knocked on her door.

the door opened quickly and behind it stood her, looking so effortlessly beautiful that it just made his heart hurt.

"luke?" she furrowed her brows gently, just captivating him even more.

"i saw your video" he blurted out, widening his eyes at how completely stupid he sounded.

lexie widened her eyes in concern, trying to figure out what the fuck he was talking about as she opened the door wider "what video?"

"your music video, i mean. run for the hills" he said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck in nervousness.

now lexie wanted to die.

of course it was bound to happen but she didn't think he would actually say it so blatantly to her face.

"you did?" she hesitantly asked, gripping the doorknob a little too hard.

"yeah"

"oh"

"it's about me, right?" he hesitantly asked, comically widening his eyes at how arrogant he sounded "i mean, i didn't just assume. i kind of figured since the lyrics are, well, yeah"

"it is, uh, about you" she mumbled, fucking hoping the ground would just swallow her whole.

"do you really think that?" he asked quietly, every hope he had for this conversation vanishing just by the fact that she had not let him in "there could never be us?"

she sighed and leaned her head on the doorway, clenching her eyes shut "don't do this please"

"i need to know"

"i don't know anymore luke"

"i think you're wrong. i think there could be us" he confidently said, keeping his posture firm as he feigned his confidence.

"stop" she shut down softly, not entertaining the idea even if she so badly wanted to believe him.

luke took a step closer, almost reaching for her hands as he spoke "i really mean it. you're so perfect and, you're everything-"