𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
goodbye for now !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻goodbye for now !

the sun was too bright.

that was the first thing lexie took notice of once she opened her eyes.

the sun was too fucking bright.

her room was dark, per her preference, which is why she was confused as to why the sun was bothering so much.

it wasn't until she actually blinked the sleep out of her eyes that she realized she wasn't in her room, nor alone.

she was bundled up together with luke on the tiny couch in her living room. well, it wasn't tiny but it wasn't exactly made for two people to sleep there. luke had conveniently placed her between the back of the couch and his body, scooping her in his arms tightly as if afraid she would slip away.

her brain was screaming at her to free herself from his oh so comforting grip but she couldn't find the will to actually do it.

as if sensing her, he slowly blinked awake, tightening his hold unknowingly before slowly losing it as he opened his eyes "g'morning"

"good morning" she mumbled tiredly, her words slurring ever so slightly from tiredness.

"you okay?" he asked as he kept his tired eyes locked on hers, keeping them open even if all he wanted to do was close them and go back to sleep and ignore all his problems.

"i'm okay"

"do you wanna talk? or later?"

"right now, if that's okay" she said softly, her chest feeling tight with the anticipation of the way the conversation could go.

luke nodded against her body, breathing evenly as he tried to calm down his racing heart, which he was sure she could feel was going crazy "i never meant to hurt you. i thought i was protecting you, us. clearly i was wrong"

"yeah, you were" she agreed, making them both chuckle shortly, the seriousness of the situation dawning on them like a bucket of cold water as they remained in each other's arms, refusing to move even a centimeter.

"everytime i try to fix it i just end up fucking it up more and i don't know what to do anymore" he sighed self deprecatingly. all he had wanted was to avoid doing exactly what he was doing "i, i like you okay? more than friends, more than fuck buddies. i like you, a lot. and it's driving me crazy cause i've never felt like this for anyone and i'm scared"

"i like you too" she mumbled into his chest, trying to calm his anxious heart with her breathing, drawing circles right where his heart is with her thumb "but you hurt me, and i'm not sure i can forgive you that easily"

"that's okay. i know it's not gonna be easy but i'll do whatever you ask me to, lex. whatever" he said reassuringly, knowing and understanding that the way to forgiveness would be hard given his various mistakes with her.