nose job and new beginnings - brady

For as long as I can remember, I've watched Sofia grapple with her annoying breathing issue. It's not just some minor inconvenience; it's this constant reminder of her imperfect anatomy. She's had difficulty breathing out of her left nostril since childhood, and it's affected everything—her sleep, her workouts, and even the little things, like how she feels when she walks up a flight of stairs. The girl could never fully ignore it. After years of dealing with this, she finally decided to take action. A nose job? Yeah, that wasn't a decision she rushed into. She spent months researching, consulting different plastic surgeons, and weighing her options before she finally found Dr. Evelyn Monroe—a rhinoplasty expert with a gentle approach. When Sofia met her, she felt a flicker of hope that maybe, just maybe, she could breathe normally again. That's when she scheduled the surgery.

The day of the procedure felt unreal. I could see the anxiety and anticipation coursing through her as we sat in that sterile waiting room. Her hands were trembling, and I could tell she was nervous. "You got this, Sof," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "Just think about how much better you'll feel after this." She looked up at me with those wide, trusting eyes. "I hope so, Brady. I really do." When they called her name, she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. I stood up with her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. "You're going to do great, I promise." Laying down on the operating table, I felt my heart race as the bright overhead lights flooded the room. Dr. Monroe and her team moved around like a well-oiled machine, preparing everything. "Are you ready, Sofia?" Dr. Monroe asked, her voice calm and reassuring. Sofia nodded, but I could see the fear flickering in her eyes. "Yes, I'm ready," she whispered, forcing a smile. I wanted to be there for her, to support her, so I leaned down and squeezed her hand again. "You're in good hands, just relax and breathe deeply."

I watched as she inhaled shakily, and I could see the small pinch of the anesthesia needle in her arm. Her muscles began to grow heavy, and before long, she was out. I stayed in that waiting room, pacing like a worried parent. My mind raced, worrying about her. When I finally got to see her again, she was just waking up. It was like she was coming out of a fog. The room looked blurry, and I could tell everything felt distant to her. As she blinked slowly, I could see the confusion on her face. "I... love... you," she mumbled, her words slurred. It tugged at my heart, and I smiled, brushing a strand of hair away from her forehead. "I love you too, Sof," I replied softly, trying to convey all the warmth I felt. "You did great." Even in her grogginess, she managed to smile back, reaching for my hand. "You're... the best." I chuckled softly, my heart swelling with pride. "No, you are," I said, running my thumb over her knuckles. I had been her rock through all of this—the months of preparation, the nerves, and now this moment of vulnerability.

Hours passed, and she drifted in and out of sleep. I stayed by her side, talking softly to her as the fog began to lift. I could tell she was still sore and that the pressure on her nose was bothering her, but the thought that she'd finally be able to breathe properly made it all feel worth it. When she finally felt up to sitting up, I helped her, making sure she was steady on her feet. "You're my hero," she whispered, her eyes shining with gratitude. "And you're my brave warrior," I replied, helping her get comfortable in bed. I tucked her in like I was wrapping her in a warm blanket. It didn't take long for the exhaustion to overtake her, and soon she was fast asleep, my presence beside her like a safety net. The night passed quietly, and the next morning, I woke up to soft sunlight filtering through the curtains. I felt that warm glow in my heart as I looked over at her. She looked peaceful, and for the first time in a long time, she seemed free. But then, something changed. I noticed her hand moving across her face, and the panic surged through me. I saw the blood. "Brady!" she gasped, her voice shaky and filled with fear. "I-I think something's wrong." I shot up, adrenaline kicking in. "Sof, what's going on?"