birthday surprises to period pain - brady

Sofia's birthday always meant a lot to me, but this year felt different. Maybe it was the milestone of turning 32, or maybe it was the crazy rollercoaster of emotions we'd been on lately. I woke up that morning feeling a mix of excitement and a little nervousness. It was her special day, and I wanted to make it unforgettable. But as I rolled out of bed, the smell of coffee wafting through the air, my heart sank when I heard a groan from upstairs.

I rushed up the stairs, and when I pushed open our bedroom door, there she was, a sight that tugged at my heartstrings. Sofia was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking all kinds of adorable in her lavender shirt and those grey sweatpants that hugged her just right. But something was off. Her brow was furrowed, and her hand clutched her stomach like it was a small, deflated balloon.

"Sof, you okay?" I asked, rushing to her side.

"Oh, it had to be today of all days," she muttered, frustration dripping from her voice. I glanced down and saw the bloodstain on the sheets.

My heart dropped. "Oh, no, babe. I'm so sorry."

She sighed, looking up at me with those big brown eyes. "No, not really, Brady. I just started my period this morning, and I have the worst stomach cramps."

I felt the world tilt on its axis. Here I was, ready to party, and she was in pain. But I couldn't just let this ruin her birthday. I needed to do something. I took a deep breath, determination kicking in. "Aww, sweetie, say no more. I know just the thing. Grab your hoodie, we're going on a drive."

Her eyes widened in curiosity, but she did as I asked, pulling on her favorite oversized hoodie. I could see a hint of a smile creeping up on her face, and that was all the motivation I needed. As we stepped into the crisp morning air, the sun was shining bright, and I could feel a sense of excitement bubble inside me.

I started the car and turned on the tunes, cranking up 50 Cent's "In da Club."

"Go, go, go, go, go Shawty. It's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday!" I belted out, doing my best to dance in my seat.

Sofia laughed, a beautiful sound that made everything feel right again, despite the earlier drama.

"You're ridiculous," she laughed, shaking her head at my antics.

When we reached the mall, I could tell her spirits were lifting. I led her to this quirky little shop I knew she'd love. The moment we stepped inside, she was surrounded by an array of colorful, whimsical items.

"What is this place?" she gasped, eyes wide as she took it all in.

I grinned and pointed toward a shelf full of plush toys. "Ta-da! Meet the Menstruation Crustacean!" I declared, presenting her with a plush lobster that sparkled under the shop's lights.

She burst out laughing, clutching the lobster to her chest. "Seriously? A lobster for my period?"

"Exactly! You need some love on your special day," I replied, feeling proud of my ridiculous gift.

But I wasn't done yet. I guided her over to a small, elegantly wrapped gift box on the counter. The anticipation was palpable as she unwrapped it, and when she revealed the stunning silver necklace with a seashell pendant, her eyes shimmered with tears.

"Brady... it's beautiful," she whispered, her voice shaking with emotion.

As I fastened the necklace around her neck, I felt a rush of love. "It's a reminder of our adventures and the beauty we've found together," I said softly, my fingers brushing against her skin.