25. Tigress Vs Rabbit

---

"Why do you need to handle such a thing?" Yizheng whispered before Ruoxing left the carriage. "Simply seeing my face is enough to disband them, and I already intend to punish them for their audacity. Meng Liu and a few soldiers were following us secretly. They won't let any of them leave."

"Hao. And what happens when you're absent?" Ruoxing whispered back, raising a fine brow. "You're only here because we visited my parents. If we weren't putting up an act, you would be in your own elaborate carriage."

Yizheng scowled. "You have a point, but after today, I will assign you a few personal guards to accompany you."

Ruoxing scowled.

In the future she intended to be the one seeking out Shao Linjin. It would be problematic if she was being monitored.

"That's not necessary." Ruoxing said quickly. "Things like this are my business, and I can handle it. You said I could make reasonable requests, so let me take care of my own matters."

And with that, she left the carriage.

Ruoxing smiled at the gentleman who led the thugs.

"You want to teach me a lesson?" She asked. "I'll make sure every one of you eats dust tonight!"

He scowled. "Such big words when you're all alone! Get her!" He ordered, and the thugs all rushed at her.

"Hmph." Ruoxing easily tackled the one closest to her and seized his weapon, which was a long stick. "Who." *Crack* She used it to hit another. "Do." Another. "You." Another. "Think. You. Are?!" She was effortlessly evading their attacks while hitting them to punctuate her words.

Yizheng had leaned his head out to watch secretly, and he marveled at sight.

"I've married a tigress!" He whispered, and he couldn't help recalling the tiny 'fellow' who had stolen his sword.

He had always wondered what had happened to that little fellow, and now he was impressed with the way Ruoxing moved. If she had been a boy training alongside him, she may have surpassed him already!

Ruoxing made quick work of all the thugs, making sure each one's face touched the floor at least once.

When they were littered around and groaning in pain, she pointed the stick at the gentleman.

"You-!!" He began to take large steps away.

"Ei?" Ruoxing looked around, feigning surprise. "Where is the large dog that was barking earlier? Why is there only a scared runt whining here?"

"Pfft!" Yizheng nearly laughed in the carriage.

"J- just wait and see!" The gentleman threatened from a safe distance. "I'll get you next time!" He said, as he ran away, but he hadn't gone far when Ming soldiers blocked his path.

"And who said you could leave?" The voice came from the carriage again, and the gentleman turned to see General Ming stepping out of the small carriage.

He gasped and fell to his knees at once.

"G- Ge- General Ming!" He cupped his hands and bowed. "I meant no disrespect by stopping your carriage! Forgive me! I didn't know you were present!"

"Oh?" He looked at his soldiers. "Didn't you hear the Furen saying everyone should eat dust?"

The soldiers grabbed the gentleman at once and roughly pressed his face into the ground.

"Hao!" Yizheng smiled, walking over to stand beside Ruoxing. "Now let's hear you apologize to the Furen. Depending on how sincere you sound, I might lighten your sentence a little..."