1. Good / Bad Omen

~~~

~~~

Ni hao! Annyeong! Konnichiwa! (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡

Welcome to yet another novel!

Thanks for reading from the bottom my heart! ('。• ᵕ •。') ♡

Hope you have a good read!

~~~~

---

The silent night was pierced by a scream as the Shao household maids stood anxiously in a beautiful courtyard, outside a well-lit room.

A few of the maids ran here and there, fetching rags, hot water, boiling herbs, mixing tonics. It was a sleepless night for all.

A short distance away, a resplendently dressed man stood with an arm behind his back, while his other hand calmly counted the large praying beads on a small bracelet.

This was Lord Shao Yuzhe. A lean thirty-eight year old man who was the current head of the Shao Family.

An infant's cry went up into the night, and Lord Shao looked up as a maid came running.

"My Lord! It's a girl!"

"Umh." It was barely a grunt, but there was a small smile at the edge of his lips.

The Shao family already had a son, but everyone knew Lord Shao had hoped for another boy. Still, he didn't seem displeased, and the maids had no doubt that he would spoil the little Shao Princess.

"*Furen?" He asked. (*Madam, Lady of a household)

"She is fine, my Lo-." But Shao Furen let out another maddening scream that instant, and soon whispers of, "another!", "another?!", filled the courtyard.

Lord Shao's fingers had stilled on the beads, and his face was ashen in colour.

'How could it be?! Isn't this too laughable?!'

Barely hours ago, he had drunk with a few sages, and one had said that his wife would birth twins.

"Ahahaha! Are you drunk? You've not even examined my wife!" He had joked.

But the sage looked dead serious. "You won't laugh if you know what I have to say..."

At present a frozen Lord Shao blinked as the third hour gong sounded.

"Hour of the Tiger! (3am)!" He whispered, and as if it had been waiting for that precise hour, the second infant screamed into the night.

"Enemy!" Lord Shao whispered, and seeing his expression which promised hell and thunder, the maids were worried that this child might not even last the night.

---

It was barely dawn and fireworks could be seen over the dewy peaked roofs of the Shao residence.

A celebration was being prepared for the birth of the Shao Princess, so the servants were busy cooking, cleaning, and hanging decorations.