08 Silent Fury 😡💔

Taehyung suddenly grabbed Jungkook's hand tightly, and Jungkook froze in place. In one swift motion, Taehyung turned him around and lifted him up into his arms. Jungkook couldn't even imagine that the elder would pick him up like this. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck, while some guests, along with other cousins and friends, started cheering and whistling. Jungkook looked at Taehyung with an angry glare, as if he was ready to destroy him on the spot.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook and winked. He then took Jungkook to the special seating area that was arranged for them. Everyone came over to offer their blessings, chat, and laugh, but Jungkook remained silent.

Sitting next to Jungkook, Taehyung noticed the tears welling up in Jungkook's big doe eyes. Jungkook kept his head down, looking as if he was about to burst into tears.

Taehyung leaned close to Jungkook's ear and whispered,

--" Are you really hungry? Should I bring you something to eat?

Jungkook only looked down, upset.

--" Why aren't you saying anything, baby? Tell me what's wrong. If you don't tell me, how will I know? Look at me.

Taehyung said, lifting Jungkook's face with both hands cupping the small red face in his big palm again saying,

--" Jungkook, tell me what's bothering you. Are you feeling unwell? Come on, let's go to the room.

Jungkook quietly replied,

--" I'm fine.

--" Hey hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying, Jungkook? Tell me, what happened, baby..?

Taehyung asked anxiously and Jungkook finally broke down crying and saying,

--" Dada... I've never stayed away from Dada, and I haven't seen him since yesterday. Is Dada not coming? I want to go to him.

He cried uncontrollably as Taehyung chuckled and said,

--" Oh, silly! You should have told me. Seeing tears in your eyes made me so worried. Alright, wait here for a bit. I'll be right back, okay?

Jungkook nodded quietly.

~~

Taehyung went over and saw Jungkook's dad engrossed in conversation with Mr. Kim. Taehyung called them and mentioned Jungkook's concern, and hearing it, Mr. Jeon rushed over to his son immediately. Though it wouldn't be appropriate for a father to fuss over his son in his in-laws' house, he had been chatting and laughing with everyone, concealing his deep longing to see his little one as soon as possible.

Seeing his dada coming, Jungkook also ran and hugged him tightly while bursting into tears. Taehyung watched from a distance, feeling something stir in him that made it difficult to bear Jungkook's tears.

After resolving the father-son tension, everyone, including all the guests, resumed their cheerful banter. Taehyung and Jungkook were seated together, and Jungkook shot sideways glances at Taehyung, thinking to himself,

--" Why does my heartbeat speed up when I look at him? Why do I feel so uneasy being around him? And why is this devil so dressed up today? Oh, of course, there are so many girls here, he has to show off, right? See, I wasn't wrong I called him a flirt! But damn, he does look a bit too good today, even though I don't want to look at him, my eyes keep wandering his way. Whatever, it's not my concern."