Chapter Four: The Long Game I

So, on they travelled, now one more passenger with them, Adam. As the Tardis materialized Solaris was both exited and scared for another adventure.

The Doctor left, followed by Rose and her. "So, it's 200,000, it's a spaceship..., no wait a minute Space-Station. And er... Go and try that gate over there!"he said and then leaned against the Tardis smiling at Rose. Solaris also stood on the side, as she didn't want to be in Adam and Rose's way.

"200,000?" Rose asked to be sure.

"200,000." the Doctor repeated.

Knocking on the Tardis door Rose said "Adam, out you come."

"Oh my God..." Adam said as he came out of the Tardis.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Rose said smiling at the way Adam reacted.

"Where are we?"

"Good question, let's see. So, erm, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year 200,000. And if you listen...Engines. we're on some kind of space station. Yeah, deffinetly a space station." Rose said wanting to impress Adam while the Doctor looked at her sort of proud and amused at the same time.

"It's a bit warm in here, they could turn the heating down." Solaris complained and she realised she was still wearing the same clothes as the day she was hit by the car and she decided to ask the Doctor for other ones later.

"Tell you what, let's try that gate. Come on." Rose said running towards the gate, the doctor had mentioned.

Opening it they had to climb up a few stairs and then they were able to see a giant window and through it, the Earth. "Here we go, this is..." Rose started and then added "I'll let the Doctor describe it."

"The fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. And there it is. Planet earth, at it's height. Covered with mega-cities, five moons, population 96 billion. The hub of a galactic domain streching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind in the middle." the Doctor explained and Solaris looked at the earth, it was beautiful from up here.

But apparently it was too much for Adam as he fainted behind them falling to the ground with a loud thud. "He's your boyfriend" Doctor said to Rose, none of them looking away from the earth.

"Not any more."

After Adam woke up, they followed the Doctor, until they reached a large room. "Come on Adam, open your mind. You're gonna like this, fantastic period of history, the human race at it's most intelligent. Culture! Art! Politics! This era has got fine food, good maners, g- "

The Doctor was interrupted by someone shouting "Out the way!" Around them what looked like food stands opened up and Solaris was able to smell all kinds of tasty things. There were also a lot of people all of them rushing around, it was chaos.

Most of the people were ordering food and although Solaris had no idea what a 'kronkburger' or 'pajatos' were it sounded like some sort of fast food, so she asked "Fine cuisine?", looking at the Doctor.

"My watch must be wrong." the Doctor said looking at it, "No it's fine. That's weird."

"That's what comes from showing off. Your history's not as good as you thought it was" Rose replied.

"My history is perfect."

"Well it seems not." Solaris said.

"They're all human. What about the.., the millions of planets, the millions of species, where are they?" Adam now asked.

"Good question. Actually that is a good question." the Doctor said and then changed the subject, "Adam, me old mate, you must be starving!"

"No, I'm just a bit timesick." Adam corrected and solaris was a bit confused because she hadn't had any trouble traveling through time and space, but maybe it was because of her being alien.