Haikyuuxreader(pt6)

(TW? Spiraling depressive thoughts near the end)

(Also Wattpad decided to stretch this chapter for some reason)

To say things went smoothly would be a lie. Lev got himself kicked out since they had a promotional basketball hoop near the melons, and Futakuchi kept slipping expensive items into your cart think you wouldn't notice. Aone had enough of that and glared at him until he stopped. Meanwhile Yaku was the only rational one that actually helped.

"Yakuuu, can you grab that jar up there?" Why is everything you need, suddenly on a higher shelf?! Was it always that high up?!

"Sure thing."

Yaku's POV

My cheeks heated up the minute she whined my name, the more she opens up around us, the cuter she gets! I have this urge to protect her from everyone else, Futakuchi being the main threat to her currently. He's trying to tease her and all but I can tell that talking about finances bothers her. She has a nice house, and seems to have things budgeted out loosely. As far as I know she doesn't have a job, not that, that matters.

"Here you go, fish flakes? You planning on making onigiri?"

"Eventually, i've been meaning to make sushi but the whole fish market thing is still a problem. Plus I haven't wanted to bother walking that far since the weather's been iffy."

"True, and you need to buy a better umbrella before you get sick from all the rain!" We found he umbrella, or what was left of it, in the rack, it went into the trash immediately. There was no saving that mess.

"You sound like a doting parent..."

"-sigh- You're not the first one to say that, sorry if I get overbearing-"

"No, it's fine. I think I like that about you." She sent me a soft smile, it looked like a golden aura came down from above. Is this how Noya and Tanaka feel?!

"D-don't say that so casually!"

"Is it that easy to make a guy blush?" Not the innocent head tilt!

"Stop! You know what you're doing, i'm sure of it!"

Back to your POV

You were complimenting him genuinely, there's no hidden agenda, but he can't seem to take praise.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable-"

"No- No it's fine! Looks like we got everything on the list, let's find the others and go." Whether he realized it or not, Yaku had grabbed your wrist in order to pull you along, gradually it turned into hand holding.

~

Thankfully it didn't take long to check out, the cashier gave a pleasant smile, probably assuming the two of you were dating...

"Tch, trying to make moves while Aone was watching me~?"

"What do you mean?" The polar bear came closer and gently, at least in his terms, separated your hands from one another's. His face lit up with red as he realized what he was doing.

"I- I didn't mean to! I'm so used to dragging Lev that I didn't even realize I was holding on!"

"When you're this flustered you look a bit like Hinata..." This thought slipped out involuntarily, his mixed hair tones and wobbly smile baring an uncanny resemblance to the tangerine. At least when said orange is embarrassed too.

"Whoa, she's right!"

"Shut up! You're not even supposed to be in here!"

~