Haikyuu x reader(pt9)

Some heavier topics are brought up in this chapter. Also I apologize for it taking so long, i've had some personal stress going on and haven't been able to focus entirely. Plus here's some crappy, ms paint art I tried to make for the fic. (The Y/n egg)

Yamaguchi's POV

Y/n looks pale, a look of confusion on her face as she shakily set her phone down. Her e/c eyes looked up at me, so much pain and... Guilt, swirled in them. Before I could really think things through I had wrapped my arms around her. I didn't have time to be nervous, or to feel flustered, she needs me.

"Who was on the phone?" I asked in a soft tone.

"Professor Yuzuru... The neurology professor that scared Tanaka and Nishinoya. He figured out what happened and he plans to speak to the dean. I know Suna has been collecting evidence but it probably won't matter... Everyone is going to get in trouble and it'll be my fault..." She's not crying but the heaviness in her voice tells me how upset she is.

"Please stop blaming yourself... I know it's easier said than done, trust me. Tsukki had to reassure me for years before I stopped feeling unnecessary guilt." She looked up at me, looking a little shocked.

"Tsukishima helped you?" I couldn't help but laugh, everyone thinks the same thing about him, and he wants them to. That way no one bothers him.

"Yeah, he can be caring in his own way, he'll warm up to you."

"I think he got a little too warm..." I was trying to forget about that.

"He w-wouldn't go too far! Once he gets the reaction he wants he'll stop, if you are really uncomfortable though I can talk to him."

Back to your POV

His nervousness is coming back, it's endearing in a way. When he let go of you, you didn't push it by holding on, his anxiety probably made it hard enough to approach you to begin with.

"It's okay, i'm sure he knows now. Speaking of, i'm surprised the others are quiet. Do you think Kenma is handling them?"

"Maybe we should go check, i've got a bad feeling." Surely Kenma isn't that bad right?

~

You wouldn't call this bad, but it's surely unexpected. Kenma is still sitting at the kitchen counter/table but he has a spray bottle, a broom stick, and a rolled up magazine. Not to mention that Kuroo's hair is wet and flat.

"Um, what was the broom for?"

"To separate them." No further explanation?

"And the magazine?" Yamaguchi asked this time, it was one of the thicker ones you had lying around.

"To smack them, didn't need to use it. In case you can't tell i've had to deal with this kind of pettiness before. Normally it was Kuroo and Yaku." Ah, he's had years of experience then... You weren't aware but you were smiling a bit.

"It's nice that you've all stayed together after all this time."

"Nice? It's more like a curse. I don't mind Tadashi but having to hear the king and the orange dumb*ss at least once a week is annoying."

"I guess you're sort of right, having to deal with Kise all the time would get tiring. Not to mention Seijuros intimidating persona he had developed."

"Kise? Like the model?" That's where Kuroo stopped listening, huh.